The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Filip Johansson | D

Googlie

28 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Nice to add the depth for PO-grind.

Why don't we just waive Myers next fall? Treat him as team-depth. Through the season, it'll prob prove useful. & maybe we'd luck out & someone claims him(bonus been paid)

I don't believe that we have to waive him next fall. Sure, I could be wrong, but keep in mind, it is his contract year. 

He's going to be totally motivated playing for his next deal. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays a steadier game and contributes in a positive way. 

And, if the team isn't gunning for the playoffs, get what you can for him at the TDL. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

33 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hronek is a fabulous player. He was clearly the best D on Detroit. They went into the dumpster when he went down. IMHAO Hronek and Hirose will be our 2 pair next year and be Fantastic. We need a partner for Hughes. Love to get Tanev back for that role.

I don’t know Im not doubting Hronek my doubt is that hirose could play heavy minutes for a full nhl season at a high level 

we will see though! 

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, RayCathode said:

The main job of Hughes partner is to make him feel safe.

I think the partner that can do that is the one who moves the puck well. It takes pressure off Hughes. Physically Hughes skating ability has kept him away from serious hits. When the Canucks become serious Cup contenders Hughes will face a much heavier forecheck and will be hit. Whether that means his partner has to have Quinn's 'safety' as his prime duty is questionable. I suggest a strong PP does as much. That said there is no doubt in my mind that the Canucks will get bigger and more physical themselves. Defending each other has to be in the DNA. It will be or you won't play for RT. 

• Cheers 2

53 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

I hope some one who follows the Abby Canucks will let the rest of us know how Jonasson looks when or if he get's into the line up. Thanks

Agreed as I think we should be pleasantly surprised.

He should be a steal.

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I disagree.

The main job of his partner is to be able to move the puck and not be a liability.

The more Hughes has to go back and retrieve the puck the more he has forecheckers barreling in on him. The best way for him to be “safe” is to spend less time in his own zone. 

Yup. Tanev was the perfect partner for Quinn. He was very smart, tough as nails  (taking hits to free up pucks) and super fast to pucks. I’d love for us to get him back. And I’m sure Hughes would be ecstatic. 

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Tanev was the perfect partner for Quinn. He was very smart, tough as nails  (taking hits to free up pucks) and super fast to pucks. I’d love for us to get him back. And I’m sure Hughes would be ecstatic. 

We might nit have the money for that but then again anything can happen.

4 hours ago, cripplereh said:

We might nit have the money for that but then again anything can happen.

prospect Filip Johansson will be joining AHL Abbotsford for their playoff run, relays Rick Dhaliwal of CHEK and The Athletic (Twitter link). The 23-year-old was a first-round pick by Minnesota back in 2018 but the Wild opted to take a compensatory second-round selection instead of signing him; Johansson signed with Vancouver soon after.  He played in 51 games with Frolunda of the SHL this season, picking up five goals and 16 assists, both career highs while also chipping in with five points in a dozen playoff contests.  This will be Johansson’s first taste of action in North America.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, wildcam said:

prospect Filip Johansson will be joining AHL Abbotsford for their playoff run, relays Rick Dhaliwal of CHEK and The Athletic (Twitter link). The 23-year-old was a first-round pick by Minnesota back in 2018 but the Wild opted to take a compensatory second-round selection instead of signing him; Johansson signed with Vancouver soon after.  He played in 51 games with Frolunda of the SHL this season, picking up five goals and 16 assists, both career highs while also chipping in with five points in a dozen playoff contests.  This will be Johansson’s first taste of action in North America.

We will get a idea of Johansson's talent during AHL playoffs..  Exciting to have Johansson come to NA so soon and maybe stays and trains all summer with other players..

4 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Old School Yes GIF

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Why do the Wild get a compensatory pick, especially one so high? They should get nothing. 

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why do the Wild get a compensatory pick, especially one so high? They should get nothing. 

That rule has existed for a long time.

If you can’t or choose not to sign your first round pick you get a 2nd.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

That rule has existed for a long time.

If you can’t or choose not to sign your first round pick you get a 2nd.

Does that rule apply if it’s a college kid?

Did the Avs get that compensation for Aman? 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Does that rule apply if it’s a college kid?

Did the Avs get that compensation for Aman? 

Aman wasn’t a first round pick.

It only applies to first round picks. It doesn’t matter what league they play in.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, flat land fish said:

Fantastic that he can join Abby now, be interesting how they work him into the lineup.

He’s got to get into at least one of the games in Abby. Hopefully the club can win round one and then he will get more PT. 

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That’s a very stupid rule. 

It doesn’t come into effect very often. Most teams would rather sign their first round picks then take a chance on a late 2nd.

I remember first learning about it when Rangers pick Alexei Cherepanov passed away. 

But it protects teams from college players staying the four years in NCAA and becoming free agents mostly. Teams should get compensation for that 100%.