The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Oilers Oct 12/22 7:00PM PST SN/SN650/CHED

Rate this topic

Odd.

Just now, stawns said:

One of my favourite gifs

That said, HS has come along way as a play by play guy and DeBrusk is usually pretty solid and balanced.

I don’t mind Debrusk, they both just seem to favour the Alberta teams. We will be hearing alot about how great the Oilers are tonight 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Devron said:

I don’t mind Debrusk, they both just seem to favour the Alberta teams. We will be hearing alot about how great the Oilers are tonight 

Me neither.  He battled Gino about as many times  as any other guy when he played, can't blame him for liking the Oilers.  Just like other teams fans who have to watch Cheech, shouldn't blame him for favouring us. 

Edit: Scott Oake is terrible though.   Eww.  Cue the puke meme again!

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Millers like ... "hold my beer "

And Lazar is like " hold my beer too" (ok it was only one game ... but still) 

And EPs like "and I practice with better players, looking forward to playing McKinnon". 

Big game, big match up to start the year. Prime McDavid and Draisaitl vs a very thin defence but great goalie. On the other side it's 3 solid scoring lines and centers vs some very bad bottom 6 players and bottom 4 defence, and new goalies.

Would expect a barn burner but these games always ironically end up low scoring. 3-2 in OT to cut the difference, Petey with the PPG GWG.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Millers like ... "hold my beer "

And Lazar is like " hold my beer too" (ok it was only one game ... but still) 

And EPs like "and I practice with better players, looking forward to playing McKinnon". 

And Oilers fans are like... "Don't touch my beer, I paid $22 for it"

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Chronic.Canuck said:

You're drinking the wrong tequila! Reposado (and better) or bust!

I still haven't tried the George Clooney one, but apparently it's very good!  My go to is Don Julio if I have the money...  never been impressed with Patron. 

Bruce rolling 3 lines, I'm happy for Bo to finally see him get some scoring wingers in Podkolzin and Garland and not just stuck on shutdown duties and dragged down by Dickinson like at the end of last year.

I think Miller or Bo will mainly match up against McDavid and Draisaitl's line leaving Petey and Kuzmenko to just feast on their bottom lines and pairing. Should be a fun watch.

Don't think we've ever had such balanced scoring lines before as far as I can remember the last 2 decades but it fits with this modern speedy offensive NHL, and also hopefully a good offence covers up our bad offence, especially when it comes to pressure and forechecking.

• Cheers 2