The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Philadelphia Flyers | Oct. 15, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Remember last year when the season began and Garland was the only forward who looked interested, hmm, may be an emerging trend. 
‘The team was a train wreck tonight. 
‘JTM was bad against Edmonton and tonight put in the worst game that I have seen in a very long time from any star player. 
Bo was sort of there.

Brock was better than JT but I still don’t know if he dressed for the game or not. 
Team special teams are worse than last year at this point.  The D is in trouble. 
‘Very discouraging start. JTM needs to stop counting the money and start earning it. 

• Cheers 1

Miller's frequent terrible giveaway this season is hard to watch.. last year people blow it off coz he's putting up a point or 2 every game.. this year he doesn't even look good offensively and his giveaways are even more frequent than last year. it's really hard to be on the ice for all 8 goals scored against to start a season. i'm also convinced Hoglander needs to come off EP's line.. kid have heart but he's not a match on that line.. at least not as it stands.. switch up podz and hogs.. we are in danger of going 0-5 on this trip.. Washington started off roughly will look to bounce back at home.. columbus maybe the only winnable game remains with laine out.. and then a back to back in minnesota which is always rough.. oh boy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Team could easily go 0-5 on this trip.

That's a huge issue I have (too).

Why can't WE ever have our home crowd behind us to start a season? Always on the road, watching other teams jump out of the gate with extra fire. I mean, you shouldn't have to manufacture it, but having home rink advantage is a thing.

(excuses)

• Like 1

Tough week, and I'm taking a step back. I can't begin to say all that's wrong, we all see it. That Oilers loss cut deep, crap team with two stars and a great PP buries us, again, and will, again. Then I watch Calgary. They look like cup favorites with some stellar trading, UFA's, all while we skate in circles. Decades, been a fan for decades. My day resolves around game day. Still a fan, but taking a step back and taking some of my emotions out of the equation. It's just a mess and to be brutally honest. I don't see any fix for years. Just years and years of more crap. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 2
  • There it is 1

Just now, kilgore said:

Too late. 

JR doubled down on Benning's double down.

If this team doesn't make the playoffs...we are in even worse shape.  And forget Kuz re-signing here.

At this point the franchise and fans have to suck it up to a decade of pain. 

Do it now before we have to suffer 2 decades of pain if we continue on this path.

• Cheers 1