The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

another issue in the dressing room?

Rate this topic

PetterssonOrPeterson

29 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I think any team blowing 4 leads in a row would have a bit of toxicity in the dressing room, but no reason to think so otherwise.

I'd say the Miller/Bo situation was really blown out of proportion and they're all on the same team to try and win.

Dickinson was traded before the season started.  So he wouldn't know anything that's going on right now.  It would have to have been from last year's dressing room...

• Cheers 1

There is definitely something going on in the dressing room. You can see it on the ice too!! This issue was known last season and was put to rest after Bruce took over and the wins. When you are winning...problems go away...but when the team isn't playing that well that shit comes back!! I believe there still an issue that needs to be addressed!! 

I think it's more of we have a team that looks better on paper than it does on the ice. The mix isn't correct. A lot of players are wanting someone else to do the heavy lifting.

Too much skill, and not enough grit. The team needs to play as a unit, not as a bunch of individuals. Made worse by 4 incomplete games.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I think it's more of we have a team that looks better on paper than it does on the ice. The mix isn't correct. A lot of players are wanting someone else to do the heavy lifting.

Too much skill, and not enough grit. The team needs to play as a unit, not as a bunch of individuals. Made worse by 4 incomplete games.

No chemistry.   You need players that will go through the wall for their teammates and this team just seems too disjointed.   

• Cheers 1

I'm loathe to give these types of rumours any attention, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised. they really haven't looked like a team since the tanev/markstrom/stecher/toffoli debacle. it was certainly better while they were on their run last year, but there was still something missing. 

too many important pieces seem too aloof. 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Not too comfy with undermining 'insider' gossip emanating from THAT neck of the woods! When one contemplates the salacious & grotesque, inhumane deeds within the Hawks stained franchise, you'd think it's best they(or their media-lackeys) don't utter a word about anyone else.

Agreed, though I've been saying for a year there's a split in the room.  

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Dickinson was traded before the season started.  So he wouldn't know anything that's going on right now.  It would have to have been from last year's dressing room...

He was there for all of camp and pre-season

• Upvote 1

Disgruntled ex player is upset that the stars are used for marketing and he was sent packing. Oh well, get over it.

I don't want "soft" players who pout.....if there's friction, fight it out and get back on the same page. Anyone doing the "it's not fair" needs to battle to prove themselves and take a spot. Focus on the ice and not worry about the SM stuff.

Besides, when a team is down it's not uncommon to have some unrest in the room as frustration sets in. I'm sick of these sorts of speculations and talk...soap opera crap.

My take.

Also...hey Chicago, worry about  your own crap. Your team's history is embarrassing for much deeper reasons. Sexual abuse hush hush stuff?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, RolexSub said:

There is definitely something going on in the dressing room. You can see it on the ice too!! This issue was known last season and was put to rest after Bruce took over and the wins. When you are winning...problems go away...but when the team isn't playing that well that shit comes back!! I believe there still an issue that needs to be addressed!! 

So you nailed it here but it's not a problem with the players...it happens. It's human nature to lash out a bit when frustrated/down.  Most teams experience it when things hit the skids...if the problems go away when you are winning the solution isn't to disband the team. It's to .... win. 

On teams you'll have different age groups and personalities but it's what happens on the ice that matters. These guys HAVE shown chemistry and it's a matter of getting on a roll. If they don't do that soon....sure, maybe. But they've shown some good things...it's not like they're just getting their butts kicked. They have to stay focused when they're leading and go for the jugular...not cash in the win before the game's over.

"I've heard" stuff. From who? Name the source if you're going to do that...if not, it means they really aren't owning the "report". 

I’ve heard there’s a lot of friction in that dressing room"

Cliquey dressing room or click bait? 

Also, from Frank:

[it] did not make sense to me. I think that decision rubs a lot of players the wrong way. Other players take that personally, and not in a way to rev them up, but almost in a way that you would get pissed off at your coach and your management team for making that decision.”

Pure speculation.

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

The other thing that matters to me.....

"I've heard" stuff. From who? Name the source if you're going to do that...if not, it means they really aren't owning the "report". 

Cliquey dressing room or click bait? I know which one I'm leaning toward.....

Also, from Frank:

So something doesn't sit right with HIM and he expands it to project how others are feeling?

The last thing this team needs is outsiders reporting on for them who make their LIVING on SM and stirring the pot/creating content based on their "thoughts". Especially when their interests lie with other teams.

No. Pure speculation.

you yourself mentioned on more than one occasion last season that you thought something may be off with the team

5 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I think you are bang on with this. The 80's was more of a "Plumber" type group and in the 2000's we had a lot of skill. The 90's I think we had a good mixture of skill and the plumber type of players, we had Bure but we also had Hunter and Odjick and Linden was the Captain. This makes sense why we have not had a lot of grit and character in decades. 

The Mix definitely isn't correct and hasn't been for a very long time.