The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Buffalo Sabres at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 22, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, AlexBurrows14Yu said:

I really miss the Sedin era.. they had a team that wanted to win.m each and every game. This team has one player that cares and that’s Petterson.. give him the captaincy and trade Horvat or just strip off captaincy. In my opinion that is the change we need. 

Took the Sedins a long time to figure it out. Sh!t this fanbase nearly chased them out of the league in the early 2000s

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, x00x said:

wish they would listen to the fans, we all want tthat or the flying v black jerseys, but they using these ugly ones

When have they ever listened to the fans? Aquilini had always tried to cut corners. He wants it to be easy. If he wasn't so stubborn and greedy we would have had a better team by now.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

You have zero proof of that. 

He has a proven track record of throwing his team under the bus; teams tend to underachieve when he's introduced to the mix.  It's not a coincidence that we're struggling now that we've brought this dirtbag into the room.

1 minute ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

If that's the case, we still didn't have to re sign him. But we did anyway 

Lets just for the sake of this franchise hope, that whatever it is, that JTM has going on ends, and he starts to play hockey again...

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Yeah no point in even trying to fix it at this point... the players we hoped had to the potential to be elite are only moderately good at best. Too mentally week to even put in a consistent effort every season so zero chance of winning a cup where you have to slog through the battle of a play offs. 

No real way that PA / JR could fix this team with the assets we had - gonna take 3-4 years to repair the rushed rebuiled of JB and co - shame we doubled down on it with the miller contract at this point in time tho when we could have probably got a least a few decent pieces out of it. 

That Buffalo team is finally looking decent - but it has basically 4 first overall ( or close enough too its) worth of assets on the ice.  I'd probably ship out anyone not named hughes / Petey over the next season or two and see where we end up with another role of the dice - probably another 6 years away from being anywhere near anything we really wanna watch regularly 

I literally can't believe they are even worse than last year !! Well i can i suppose as our D is absolute trash. :picard:

• Vintage 1