The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Bruins trade Jack Studnicka to Canucks for Michael DiPietro, Jonathan Myrenberg

55 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Again, not an NHL level mentality if 3 games ruin him. 

lol it'll shatter anyone's mentality because of hype and expectation by the fans.. he wasn't a great prospect to begin with he's borderline and a tiny goalie.. but the fans here were oozing and awwing over him when drafted saying it was a steal.. between getting shelled in the NHL level and missing almost a year of development due to covid shutdown and not doing great in the AHL.. this guy have had terrible stats ever since drafted and haven't improved since being drafted

• Upvote 1

Team needs some help on on backend no doubt   Not knowing anything about studnika other than hockeyDB etc. Some utube. Boston’s deep at center , there’s an oppurtunity  an opening that for his 37 eastern games that he has under his belt might serve him well? if he gets to play in the pitts.  Game who knows. There seems to be some salty Bruin fans.    With Miller moving to wing and lazar out for who knows. There was a need.   IMO there’s dialogue happening  wouldn’t be to surprised if something bigger goes down. 

Edited by chon derry
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

We will do this, send away our first to a struggling team and just gd fold sending away our unprotected first this year to someone like Anaheim or Arizona.

with the statements about this trade, the statements made recently and the now obvious vision of retooling and going for it; I've little faith in this management group at all

you have little faith

your doing better than me

As much as we don’t have enough RHD, we were really lacking centers in the system as well. With a distinct possibility of one of Horvat or Miller getting traded this year, adding someone with the potential to step in as a 3C was crucial.

Just because he hasn’t made the jump in Boston doesn’t mean there isn’t anything there. He’s still young, and has shown very well in the AHL. Our scouts made a similar call on Nils Aman, who Colorado didn’t even bother signing, and he’s been a great fit.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, D-Money said:

As much as we don’t have enough RHD, we were really lacking centers in the system as well. With a distinct possibility of one of Horvat or Miller getting traded this year, adding someone with the potential to step in as a 3C was crucial.

Just because he hasn’t made the jump in Boston doesn’t mean there isn’t anything there. He’s still young, and has shown very well in the AHL. Our scouts made a similar call on Nils Aman, who Colorado didn’t even bother signing, and he’s been a great fit.

Time will tell but I do hope something else is going to happen as us getting a decent rhd and not one other teams gave up on but a solid one.

It would be great if Studnicka could turn in to a useful player for us. He isn't much of a prospect anymore in my opinion, it is kind of sink or swim now that he is 23 almost 24 and needs waivers to be sent down to the AHL. 

If fans don't put high expecations on this guy then any contribution he makes at the NHL level should be considered a success at this point. We won't know about Myrenberg for a few years just like Forsling who is now a top 4 D I believe on a top team in Florida.

On paper Studnicka seems to fit our needs, let's see who his linemates are and how he gets deployed...

I think some have mentioned he has size, he is listed at 6'1 187lbs...that doesn't scream size to me just average, let's see if he plays with an edge and likes to hit...can never have enough of that on your team!

13 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I hate this trade so GD much

HATE THIS.

Our ONLY progressing RHD or ANY size, one of only 11 we've drafted since 2003 that is lighting it upon sweden just tossed away for a redundant as f*** right shooting centre

It's like, hey you've got two flat tires, know what you need? A gd air freshener.  That'll fix things up 

Ffs this is stupid

It's funny that people on here are saying how he is 5-6 years away and yet you look at our prospect pool on RD and wonder why we don't have many. Is 4-5 years too long for this management/organization to develop Defensemen? The words that stuck out to me in all this is "he is an interesting player but he is 5 years away" so basically don't bother developing Defense because that's how long it usually takes. While sure he could be nothing. It's the principle of not being patient enough to show the fruits of your labor. It takes a long time to get D prospects to make the team. The teams impatience of drafting and developing shows. But what do we know WH, mere mortal fans that are tired of seeing this.

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

It's funny that people on here are saying how he is 5-6 years away and yet you look at our prospect pool on RD and wonder why we don't have many. Is 4-5 years too long for this management/organization to develop Defensemen? The words that stuck out to me in all this is "he is an interesting but he is 5 years away" so basically don't bother developing Defense because that's how long it usually takes. While sure he could be nothing. It's the principal of not being patient enough to show the fruits of your labor. It takes time to get defense to make the team. The teams impatience of drafting and developing shows. But what do we know WH, mere mortal fans that are tired of seeing this.

if Studnika turns into a RH3C for us, and Myrenberg a bottom 6 RHD or less its a win for us. If Myrenberg turns into a middle pair RHD then it was bad. No one knows what either of these guys will be, have to wait and see. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1