The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Bo to Detroit for Seider

You know how I advocate the importance and value of Horvat, we've had run ins over it. But no, Horvat doesn't get us Seider.

He projects to be their #1 or maybe #2 for years, he's young, and they're still in rebuilding mode. He fits where they're at and what they're doing very well. Horvat isn't enough to move them far enough away from rebuilding mode to make sense, he's a piece a more competitive team or a team looking to take the next step towards competing (Columbus fits the latter, Boston the former) acquires.

Edited by Coconuts

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

Det would want Huggy for Seider.

I don't believe this. Seider is a right shot dman with the potential to be as good as huggy. I said this in another proposal targeting Nemec from New Jersey; GMs don't just trade right shot defensemen even if it appears as "fair value".

• There it is 1

I think this is doable. 

Detroit is going to look at this and say let's give up our franchise Dman for a 2nd line centre who wishes he was a first line centre.

Totally doable. The only reason this won't happen is if JR and PA are not capable of pulling off a very easy even trade.

Simple trade to do that is good for everyone.  Easy - anyone could arrange this trade.

Omg....lol.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

Damn, I was that off eh? 

Rarely are there players that basically, no one could afford to trade for. Seider is one of them. Big, physical, offensively talented, young, etc and et al. Hughes, +1st round, and Podz might get the trick turned...but if I were in Yzerman's shoes, nah. 

56 minutes ago, Baer. said:

I don't believe this. Seider is a right shot dman with the potential to be as good as huggy. I said this in another proposal targeting Nemec from New Jersey; GMs don't just trade right shot defensemen even if it appears as "fair value".

BRO WE JUST GOT BEAR FOR A 5TH

• Cheers 1