The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

10 hours ago, mll said:

I would expect Montreal to want to attach Price's LTIR contract assuming his career is indeed over.  Hughes doesn't like being in LTIR and Price is drawing quite a bit of controversy which can't please Molson.

Monahan is an upcoming UFA - they can get assets for him at the TDL and Boeser is a risk if he doesn't rebound with term left and a rather high AAV.  Not sure where he fits in their lineup either as they are certainly not breaking up Caufield-Suzuki.  Seravalli asked some GMs around the league - they peg his value around 5.5M and consider him pretty 1-dimensional.   If they can get out of the Price contract at the same time maybe that makes it worth the risk.

Is Dhaliwal speculating based on their interest back to the bubble year.  It's not the same regime anymore and they are at a different stage of their cycle.

The bubble season was still under Bergevin which he even references, but he's since been replaced by Hughes/Gorton.  Montreal was also at a very different stage of their cycle with Price, Weber active and still had Danault.  They had just signed Edmundson, Chiarot.  Gallagher had 2x 30+ goal seasons.  Lots has changed since that time.  It's now the start of a new core with Caufield-Suzuki.  

hindsight 20:20, bubble Brock was a sniper helping drive the most exciting offence in the league, there was zero reason to move him, Brock was happy, ducks were happy, he scored some big goals in the Bubble, tbh, I would not have traded him either and at that time we did not need a Romanov type player, we had Hughes and elder, also a "bad contract?" who would that have been? the only bad contract at that time was Player Name, Beagle, Rousell, Sutter were in the last year of their prime and were actually key players for us and leaders so I doubt at that time their contracts were considered bad, it was the next year where those guys all lost a step, in the bubble rouse, Sutter, beagle were killing penalties really well and Beags and Suts were winning massive face-offs, that was actually our leadership group. 

Yes MTL wanted a top 6 forward and they got Toffoli, so they were scouting us hard then and needed a top 6 winger, I bet the pick was a 2nd or 3rd too

17 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

hindsight 20:20, bubble Brock was a sniper helping drive the most exciting offence in the league, there was zero reason to move him, Brock was happy, ducks were happy, he scored some big goals in the Bubble, tbh,

Bubble Brock scored as many goals as Tanner Pearson who had much worse deployment 4 in 17 games. 2 on the PP where more than half of his points came. Brock is not a playoff player. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Makes a lot of sense, and gives us an option to trade Bo if we're talking full rebuild too so Sean slots in as 2C.

Boeser for Monahan is pretty lateral. I'd rather trade Brock for a defenceman, even just Dumba, to give us some RD depth, but Monahan could work...

I'd have to favor Dumba simply because he's a defenseman I'm not so sure if Monahan would move any meter much. Yet the lateral movement probably works but doesn't give Vancouver much.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Not really when you factor that his linemates Miller and Pete were producing PPG+

Wasn't Miller's first time in the playoffs.

And Petey did have Swedish league play offs .

And, Petey is a better player than Brock, so him outscoring Brock is not a surprise.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, aqua59 said:

I'd have to favor Dumba simply because he's a defenseman I'm not so sure if Monahan would move any meter much. Yet the lateral movement probably works but doesn't give Vancouver much.

And Dumba arguably has stronger resale value 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Boeser haters have the worst takes. "PeTeY aNd MiLlEr OuTsCoReD hIm." No sh*t. He's not a better player and is paid less than both. That doesn't mean he isn't good. 

Boeser isn’t good. 6.6 million no one wants him. Boeser is worth Pearson money in reality and that’s his next contract. 

• Like 1
  • RoughGame 3

Well he is getting points and helping,just slow and has not yet met his potential.

A trade could really make him settle in and become that player we all thought he would be or will stay the same which is a decent point player.  

I hope he goes to a team like the pens where he will learn.

I don't see the Canucks agreeing to a Brock trade unless they see the return as being fair.  For now, Brock

needs to work hard at improving his skills and improve his overall game.  Already we have seen some

improvement in his performance, but it needs to be much better.

Brock needs to realize that he may not see a decent trade opportunity until February, so now is the

time to hunker down and work at achieving his goal (I think he realizes that he needs to get a fresh

start, with another team.

Even now there are a lot of contender teams fighting to get into a better position for a play off spot.

After Christmas, panic will start sinking in as injuries mount up and the games get tougher.

My dream trade would be just before the TDL. 

Brock ($1m retention) +  Schenn  for Matt Roy + Grans