The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

On 12/7/2022 at 12:42 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

I don't think trading Boeser opens up a deal for BO.  They are going to have to shed alot more cap space than that.  At the end of the day, Kuzmenko works well with Petey on a #1 line, and BO is their best trade chip.  I see BO being traded at the deadline for maximum return, probably Schenn as well.  

Unfortunately, I also see the same situation. A deal with the Canucks doesn't sound promising. 

Sad to see #53 go. 

• Huggy Bear 1

Just now, cripplereh said:

Well hope after tonight we get serious about getting Brock gone.

Is Brock the first of the extended core (top minute and higher paid players) to ask for a trade?  I’m thinking there will be more.  Bo, not signing, is pretty much wanting out.  Petey has alluded to it.  Hughes?  

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

As much as people like to poo-poo Kapanen around here, his speed and defensive play would be a far better fit on our 3rd line than Boeser. Likely help improve our PK and ability to defend as well.

If we can do that and save ~$3m of cap AND add a pick/prospect  as per that article...

Yes please.

I love Kap. I don't know why he doesn't get more love in the NHL.

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Hasn't developed top 6 offense.

I never understood the need.

Like, look at Manny Malhotra.  Where was he drafted?  How good was he for our team?

If he'd been forced to try to develop that top 6 offense or bust he'd have been out if the league at 27.

• Cheers 2

9 hours ago, Alflives said:

Is Brock the first of the extended core (top minute and higher paid players) to ask for a trade?  I’m thinking there will be more.  Bo, not signing, is pretty much wanting out.  Petey has alluded to it.  Hughes?  

I don't remember Petey stating he wants out but you might have seen this. That said I think Petey has a little more class than going public about his feeling either way.

Like I said I don't know his intentions but see his character as keeping his cards covered for now. 

As for Brock I'm seeing a bit of an entitled bay here. Some articles in print suggested Brock was disrespected for initially being scratched on the cancer night. 

His disappointment is understandable but his public reaction has entitled baby written all over it. Is it all over this?

I think Vancouver has been decent with this kid. He just signed a nice little three year deal, seemed happy about that. 

Vancouver has been quite accommodating and respectful concerning his dads rough illness. I don't think any of us had anything but compassion for Brock and his family.

That's well beyond hockey.  Last year was a tough one for Brock on and off the ice. How ever this isn't last year. 

Vancouver has also endured his scoring slumps without ever benching him. Maybe real early in the game I can remember but he has always gotten the chance to play through stuff. 

So the guy gets benched for the first time last week and he wants out. Bruce did what he thought was best for the team on a night they were playing a game. Bruce says he didn't even think about the cancer night thing and just went ahead and benched him and he gave the reasons. 

I feel for Brock but I also he needs to buck up in the entitlement department. 

They have to move Brock now, he's a lame duck player in the room. He'll become a rotting stench and they need to move him before the room is divided. 

Bo not signing isn't mean Bo wants out either. Moving Brock and some other lame ducks will afford the loot to pay Bo one would think. Hell at this point I'd like to see Miller gone he's been a disappointment but that's just an emotional conclusion on my end, doesn't hold weight.

22 minutes ago, Provost said:

Well  you responded to a post saying a 2nd and a good prospect wasn’t good enough because the pick would have to be a 2024 and we need help faster than that and need a late 2023rd 1st round pick instead… when the prospect in the former would literally be ready faster than the 2023rd pick.

Then went on to argue that we can do better than a deal that no one proposed.

… ya, that is just you arguing dumb stuff for no reason aside from enjoying the sound of yourself typing.

Okay

5 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

I love Kap. I don't know why he doesn't get more love in the NHL.

Probably the same reason Pearson doesn't get the love he deserves around here. Solid offense, good defense. Nothing that screams great. But nothing that screams bad. Pearson, Studnicka and Kapanen would be a pretty wicked 3rd line not gonna lie.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Probably the same reason Pearson doesn't get the love he deserves around here. Solid offense, good defense. Nothing that screams great. But nothing that screams bad. Pearson, Studnicka and Kapanen would be a pretty wicked 3rd line not gonna lie.

Until Kapanen goes into his routine of not showing up to play. Haven’t we had enough of that…? Players who lack a consistent work ethic?

if it’s as a deal to simply reposition cap wise, then I’m ok with it. I just don’t want to be counting on Kapanen to be a positional solution, because he’s not.

Edited by RWJC

1 hour ago, RWJC said:

Until Kapanen goes into his routine of not showing up to play. Haven’t we had enough of that…? Players who lack a consistent work ethic?

if it’s as a deal to simply reposition cap wise, then I’m ok with it. I just don’t want to be counting on Kapanen to be a positional solution, because he’s not.

I'd say he fits on a third line way better than either Boeser or Garland, and cheaper to boot.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I'd say he fits on a third line way better than either Boeser or Garland, and cheaper to boot.

Love to swap Boeser for Krapanen and Garland as a full dumperoo.  We’d be a better club and clear close to 8 mil in cap.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Love to swap Boeser for Krapanen and Garland as a full dumperoo.  We’d be a better club and clear close to 8 mil in cap.  

First things first. Pitts can't take that much cap. Besides that losing Garland and Boeser while getting back only Kapanen doesn't make is a better club... definitley makes us worse but with cap space.

4 minutes ago, coryberg said:

First things first. Pitts can't take that much cap. Besides that losing Garland and Boeser while getting back only Kapanen doesn't make is a better club... definitley makes us worse but with cap space.

Krapper plays a superior 200 foot game and is an excellent PK guy.  We are a better team with him and getting rid of the other two.  Addition by subtraction.  I know we love our players but at some point we need to accept that several of our guys just are in now way close to good enough for their cap.  

28 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yeah that's one big reason we have no cap. We just keep signing 5 million(+) dollar players without thinking about where they're going to play.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1