The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks Getting Calls on Luke Schenn

Warhippy

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Sutter loves Schenn. Of course he wants him.

Gonna cost a 1st or Zary from Calgary though.

2023 protected, that roles over to 2024 (unprotected) if they miss the playoffs this year?  

Edited by Alflives
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Love to see a bidding war for Schenn, and a team (like the Flames) that misses the playoffs gives up their second this draft.  Makes for a nice high pick, that we can draft more D with. 

Canucks might be trying to do Schenn a favour and keep him close with a newborn baby on the way. Sounds like she’s due right around trade deadline so a sooner than later trade would be preferred. 

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, canucklehead44 said:

I'd be over the moon with a 2nd round pick for Luke Schenn. Expecting any more is a setup for disappointment 

Taking in to account Schenns cap hit and what he brings to a team for so cheap on aav, we might be surprised how much his value is. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a late 1st or a B level prospect and a 2nd for the return.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, KKnight said:

Taking in to account Schenns cap hit and what he brings to a team for so cheap on aav, we might be surprised how much his value is. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a late 1st or a B level prospect and a 2nd for the return.

Yes.  He's the kind of player that makes GMs give up more than they should for at the TDL every year.

3 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Reinbacher wont likely be available at that pick and has no guarantee of even playing in the NHL. Foote has top 4 potential and is a very different Dman than Bear, defensively sound. When we acquired Bear he was the #7 dman on Carolina and we are lucky how that turned out as we were in a position to take a chance on his cap hit. There are not great RD options out there even bottom pairing, that's how we got in the Poolman situation. 

Drunk Spring Break GIF by The Lonely Island

Reinbacher is slated for around the early 20s. Highest I seen him was 15 by eliteprospects and 16 by Dailyfaceoff. No reason to believe we can't nab him with the Isles pick. Unless someone goes way off the board to grab him. Which isn't too crazy I guess. The D in this draft are few and far between. A team may go wild and go off the board for Reinbacher or even Dragicevic. Dragicevic is listed anywhere from 25-35. Seen some have him as early as 16 and as late as 52.

The RHD are a bit of a wild card this draft it seems after Sandin Pellikka, who is consistently ranked around 10-15. All the more reason I hope that Isles pick is around 15. Take Reinbacher or Sandin Pellikka and a C with our pick. Call the draft a win right there.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Love to see a bidding war for Schenn, and a team (like the Flames) that misses the playoffs gives up their second this draft.  Makes for a nice high pick, that we can draft more D with. 

I would do a Schenn and a  2024 3rd for their goalie prospect Wolf and then flip Demmer for a first and a prospect. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Reinbacher is slated for around the early 20s. Highest I seen him was 15 by eliteprospects and 16 by Dailyfaceoff. No reason to believe we can't nab him with the Isles pick. Unless someone goes way off the board to grab him. Which isn't too crazy I guess. The D in this draft are few and far between. A team may go wild and go off the board for Reinbacher or even Dragicevic. Dragicevic is listed anywhere from 25-35. Seen some have him as early as 16 and as late as 52.

The RHD are a bit of a wild card this draft it seems after Sandin Pellikka, who is consistently ranked around 10-15. All the more reason I hope that Isles pick is around 15. Take Reinbacher or Sandin Pellikka and a C with our pick. Call the draft a win right there.

We should be able to get him with the Islanders 1st, not any pick we get from Schenn most likely or our second. Even if we draft a RD in the first round, I think we should also look to improve our RD in other ways as well. No telling how draft picks will turn out. 

1 hour ago, Bure_Pavel said:

We should be able to get him with the Islanders 1st, not any pick we get from Schenn most likely or our second. Even if we draft a RD in the first round, I think we should also look to improve our RD in other ways as well. No telling how draft picks will turn out. 

Truuuuuue, I forgot where I was. We aren't getting Reinbacher with a pick from Schenn. I don't even think we could get Dragicevic with a Schenn pick. I think a 1st rounder is wishful thinking. But a 2nd rounder is most likely. If we got a late 1st for Schenn I'd rather use it on Hrabel anyway. We need a top goalie prospect. Especially with the Demko rumors swirling.

4 hours ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

They get the tax though. 1st rounder or frigg off ricky.

Honestly should package boeser too. They are also looking for a top 6 guy. 

Schenn

Boeser

Lucic

1st

24' 2nd 

Edited by Mustard Tiger
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Schenn

Boeser

Lucic

1st

24' 2nd 

Brock is a negative asset with his salary. I would be happy with just Lucic’s final year and a first. We would have to retain some money off Brock for next 2 years to make this more palatable for Calgary,

Could you imagine 3 first round picks in one draft? Don’t think that’s ever happened in Canuck history!

Edited by grandmaster
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

I'll take their 2024 2nd to replace the one we gave away and a 2023 4th 

56 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Schenn

Boeser

Lucic

1st

24' 2nd 

Lucic would have to waive for Vancouver, not overly convinced he does that 

Just now, Coconuts said:

I'll take their 2024 2nd to replace the one we gave away and a 2023 4th 

Lucic would have to waive for Vancouver, not overly convinced he does that 

No one is left from 2011 and he would win over some fans with his first fight. Also, this is home town. 

Just now, grandmaster said:

No one is left from 2011 and he would win over some fans with his first fight. Also, this is home town. 

Doesn't have to be, lot of baggage in Vancouver from over the years and from Vancouver or not I question whether it's still home at all 

Plus, Calgary's in the playoff mix and we're a bottom feeder, if he wants a shot at the playoffs this season he ain't getting it here 

I could see us trading them Schenn but I doubt Lucic comes here 

5 hours ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

my heart couldn't take it. tanman, markstrom, toff ... living in calgary, it's like the universe is cramming it down my throat. it still makes me physically sick to my stomach, no exaggeration, seeing chris tanev in red. 

fate is trying to force me in a direction that I cannot and will not go. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Brock is a negative asset with his salary. I would be happy with just Lucic’s final year and a first. We would have to retain some money off Brock for next 2 years to make this more palatable for Calgary,

Could you imagine 3 first round picks in one draft? Don’t think that’s ever happened in Canuck history!

Yeah we all know that because of his contract but nothing will ever change a GM around the TDL. They ALWAYS pay. They are looking to add a top 6 fwd and boeser has 30 points in 41 games which isn't bad. Lucic has just as much negative value as boeser but they are upgrading a pressbox enforcer to a 2nd liner.. It's fair to say that's worth a 2nd rounder. Remember Brad is desperate after the summer they had. :P

Plus the upgrading a division rival tax.. 

That should mean schenn is going to UFA for sure as well which is great for us:towel: