The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour). Jake Livingstone D - NCAA - NHL Availability

SilentSam

1 hour ago, combover said:

I wonder if he’ll be calling his friend Jack Rathbone to find out what life as a Canuck is like. 
just like it’s rumoured McDonough has done. 

spoiler - Were not getting positive reviews 

Yup.  The chances McDonough waits till mid August 2023 to be a UFA are very high. 

• Thanks 1
  • RoughGame 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  The chances McDonough waits till mid August 2023 to be a UFA are very high. 

I could see a scenario where we sign Livingstone, but McDonough walks. There’s a lot more opportunity on this team for a RHD than there is for another winger.

Plus Jake is from here… …And we have such a good track record with local guys named Jake. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

I could see a scenario where we sign Livingstone, but McDonough walks. There’s a lot more opportunity on this team for a RHD than there is for another winger.

Plus Jake is from here… …And we have such a good track record with local guys named Jake. :rolleyes:

Not if we do the right thing and move at least 2 (if not all) of Miller, Boeser and Garland this TDL.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, combover said:

I wonder if he’ll be calling his friend Jack Rathbone to find out what life as a Canuck is like. 

Very unfortunate that they couldn’t give Rathbone a better look considering it’s not like the guys we’re choosing to play over him are difference makers anyway. You’re right though it’s a bad look for young college guys looking to sign. Why would they pick us to follow in the footsteps of Rathbone.

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

10 hours ago, combover said:

Rathbone probably told him that he should make sure he learns how to play defence this year in the NCAA or he will end up in the minors like Rathbone until eternity. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Very unfortunate that they couldn’t give Rathbone a better look considering it’s not like the guys we’re choosing to play over him are difference makers anyway. You’re right though it’s a bad look for young college guys looking to sign. Why would they pick us to follow in the footsteps of Rathbone.

It's very unfortunate that Rathbone still hasn't learned how to play anything close to acceptable defence.  He got a look and played like complete trash out there; no one wants to play on a team where guys are gifted spots regardless of actual merit. 

5 hours ago, aGENT said:

Not if we do the right thing and move at least 2 (if not all) of Miller, Boeser and Garland this TDL.

Even if we only move one I think the winger spots open up. Kuzmenko is gonna cash out is my guess. Miller might be a full time center if he stays and Bo leaves. Or more ideally we trade Miller. He's a bit too much of a crybaby for my tastes. I think we'll for sure see Kuzmenko and Garland/Boeser gone before next season.

• Huggy Bear 1

13 hours ago, combover said:

is there a source that Mcdonough has suggested he’s not signing here?

Havent seen any 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Tanti9 said:

based on what? he’s been very vocal in the past saying he has every intention of signing in Van 

Eh. Talk is cheap. Until he signs, there's always a chance that he'll probably just walk. 

I think for me, the same goes for Bo. He has said all the right things about wanting to be here, but until he signs, it's all moot. 

3 hours ago, Tanti9 said:

is there a source that Mcdonough has suggested he’s not signing here?

Havent seen any 

No, the exact opposite actually.

He said last year that the Canucks have treated him very well and that he wanted to go back to school to finish his degree and work on his game.  He also became captain this year.  After this season he said he plans on signing with the Canucks...

Exclusive: Aidan McDonough says his plan is to sign with the Canucks after he captains Northeastern this season

Exclusive: Aidan McDonough says his plan is to sign with the Canucks after he captains Northeastern this season (canucksarmy.com)

McDonough has laughed at some of the things he sees on social media and is quickly becoming aware of the Twittersphere around the Canucks. He wanted this quote to be in the story so he doesn’t get “radioed” again because of his comments on his situation with the Canucks.

“My plan is to sign with Vancouver at the end of my NCAA season,” he said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

No, the exact opposite actually.

He said last year that the Canucks have treated him very well and that he wanted to go back to school to finish his degree and work on his game.  He also became captain this year.  After this season he said he plans on signing with the Canucks...

Exclusive: Aidan McDonough says his plan is to sign with the Canucks after he captains Northeastern this season

Exclusive: Aidan McDonough says his plan is to sign with the Canucks after he captains Northeastern this season (canucksarmy.com)

McDonough has laughed at some of the things he sees on social media and is quickly becoming aware of the Twittersphere around the Canucks. He wanted this quote to be in the story so he doesn’t get “radioed” again because of his comments on his situation with the Canucks.

“My plan is to sign with Vancouver at the end of my NCAA season,” he said.

ya that’s what I thought so not sure why people are saying he won’t sign 

On 12/9/2022 at 10:50 AM, Warhippy said:

We spoke about this last season numerous times and it was and is one of the most gd head scratching things that former and current Canucks management has ignored.

Here you have a local, big bodied hard skating RHD that may not put up huge points at the college level but is a free, count it FREE asset in the position most ignored by this club going back to 2004.  

Yet he is and has not even been spoken of outside of CDC and a few other Canucks related forums.  In fact this might be the ONE time, the ONE time I have seen any publication mention his name at all.

This is such a no brainer it is a wonder that the Oilers haven't signed him only for Canucks management release numerous stories about how they were in on him but ran out of time and had/have other ideas on the go.

Kevin Bieksa was our most recent RHD that moved the needle IMO

16 hours ago, Alflives said:

Why start this crap Alf?

With the state of things, McDonough’s agent is looking at Kuzemenko and Pedersen saying, it’s a fantastic place for you to earn a great deal in as short as possible time and get the ice time you need and the set up guys of your dreams, Hughes and Pettersson.

Why would McDonough not look at the Canucks throwing money at Brock for another three years as a fantastic example of what his future is going to look like in a very open house roster situation?

Look, Miller is playing himself into a trade just by being too cranky, needing a ego stroke and maybe the player, the agent and management have the conditions now in play that make JT Miller waive and there by making Bo the Guy and JT can avoid being the Guy.

Love JT, love his intensity and aggression.

Reminds me of a bit of Bertuzzi, with the tater disrespect of the media at times.

Also love that JT would not let Bruce take the heat for the Veteran giving the Rookie player some snarl while JT was wanting to attack the Jets end before the Jets we set up.

A drawn up attack that has worked 6 vs 5 and a goalie with the Nucks this year.

clearly the Canucks wanted to get the win and hated their loss to the Jets a few weeks ago, that was an utter embarrassment.

Hate to say it guys, but what happened on the ice and that sourness, that’s what losing is supposed sound like.

Delia was a rookie who stood on his head, and I don’t think JT was showing anymore than the frustration that the very ideal opening that this drawn up attack is meant to exploit was lost because of the Rookie Goalie that made a mistake in a drawn up play.

A goalie that has done amazing as the third string rookie stand in.

Remember last year, when JT and Demko carried the club for the first half?

He gave the same vibe and energy, personal best doesn’t matter to him, the win or the chance to win.

We lack a snarl in our line up, and JT has snarl.

Bo is very diplomatic and that is also good, Peterson can stare down and win a by wit and honesty in any situation, Hughes can Huggy Bear and now show his bearish side so the snarl has to be there and unhappy players should be expected when the team is losing.

A healthy Demko and are we having any issues?

Demko hasn’t been healthy since he and Bo both went down with injuries on the just missed playoff push last year.

Without a healthy Demko, the weakness on Defence is too much for the strength at Offence to overcome.

Thats not a fault of anyone but Management, as the Defence was at best a ‘work in progress’ as much as the dressing rooms were at the start of the year.

Thats not on the coaches, the players or injuries.

But it’s not anything that an unlucky injury or lack of recovery from lasts years injury with Demko would be or could be, when it’s on the rung and gun, out score the opponent style of the Canucks as built and drafted by JB and the team that Bruce has to coach and the style he coaches best.

If not for Bruce, the very play JT was called out for his stick smacking a few days ago would even get to play.

Imagine such a play with AV behind the bench of Torts?  

No NHL executive cares less and knows more about media manipulation and entertainment, yanking the media and fans eyes and attention and tanking while no one is looking better than guys like Rutherford.

This boiling over of energy and frustration is part of that, and if JT wants out, he has the ability, audacity and audience to make it happen.

11 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Rathbone looked lost on defence this year at the NHL level.

It’s not all Rathbone’s fault, and like any person, focus on what you can control, work to make your self ready for the opportunity and you only truly waste the shot if you don’t give it your all.

Brisbios looked far more able, to play a more purely defensive game.

Who are we pairing with Rathbone, if Hughes is playing with Schenn?

Myers?

No, he needs a more responsible or aware partner.

Bear?  

He is just getting into the system and has yet to show a lot of strength away from the puck at times.

Dermott is his best possible partner and he’s out.

Rathbone is his own best weapon and worst enemy.

But until the right side is fixed, to reflect the talent on the left side, then there is no partner that can let Rathbone play his game at the NHL level unless Hughes is unavailable.

Thats a giant leap, from the AHL.

Rathbone can make his own future.

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, D-Money said:

I am hoping both McDonough and Livingstone sign with the Canucks. Your questioning whether there will be opportunity for McDonough but I suspect/hope there will be. Still hoping that Miller-Boeser-Garland-Meyers are moved by the TDL. There will be opportunity in Vancouver. 

6 hours ago, Tanti9 said:

ya that’s what I thought so not sure why people are saying he won’t sign 

Because some Canuck fans are in a constant state of :frantic:

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I am hoping both McDonough and Livingstone sign with the Canucks. Your questioning whether there will be opportunity for McDonough but I suspect/hope there will be. Still hoping that Miller-Boeser-Garland-Meyers are moved by the TDL. There will be opportunity in Vancouver. 

I'd be happily surprised if Myers is moved before summer/next TDL, but yes...