The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour). Jake Livingstone D - NCAA - NHL Availability

SilentSam

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Opportunity an paycheques outweigh that IMO. Also a good way to become part of the solution.

I'd like to think that, but I don't see it. It's a lot to take on for a new player to jump in and be expected (because you know Canucks fans will expect it) to be part of the solution to turn this retool into a contender. This is why I've said before that his BC connection might be there still to entice him to join this gong show, but without that connection, I'd say our chances are slim. 

He is a BC boy so theres that, if we can get him would be great, the mainthing the nucks have for them, is he actually is interested in comming to vancouver, so we have that

but if another team offers him more or soemthing that makes it hard to decline, than /rip?

Edited by Tinky-Winky

You offer him the two year and let him play to burn a year off the ELC. You offer him guaranteed playing time and opportunity (PP2, PK) with Hughes and roll out the red carpet. You can’t lose the opportunity to find out if he’s a player or not at the next level. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

I just cant imagine him not signing here.

We have the need, the best opportunity and path to a top 4 role with potential to play with a super star and some really great d coaches for mentors that will align perfectly with his path.

oh ya and the BC connection.

this feels like a slam dunk signing and look forward to it being announced.

im not sure if he’s be ready to play tough matchups with Hughes but who knows maybe he actually is. I thought he’d need a year in abby then a year on the bottom pairing but we will see first where he signs then how he shows / fits in. 

really hope we get him

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Jester13 said:

I'd say you might be discounting the distaste for playing on a losing team that's one of the worst teams in the league and with so much drama behind it to boot. 

I think the drama is gone.

it’s on to Philly and other cap strapped middling teams pushing for the playoffs.

or Calgary and Sutter etc

We’ve got good energy going again it feels like to me

we are more aligned organizationally. We are embracing the tank. Everyone is on the same page. I’m into what’s happening now

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

15 hours ago, J-23 said:

What’s his realistic upside.

NHL ready? AHL ready? Future top 4 dman? Or another bottom 2 dman?

He has been referred to as an NHL ready defenseman right now.

Whether that an overestimate or not he can't be worse than the 5 other bottom pairing guys this team ices every game.

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Surely this is a given, Allvin can offer him playing in BC, alongside one of (if not) the best mobile defencemen in the league, top-4 minutes on an up and coming team. Not many teams can offer that.

Then we're just one top 4 LD signing away from having a proper NHL defence.

*Gavrikov has entered the chat*

( Dan millstein beside him ) :lol:

• Haha 1

On 2/17/2023 at 11:00 PM, Alflives said:

He’s free. Let’s offer him whatever it takes to get him and the figure where he fits after. 

I still second J-23’s question. Is this guy worth getting excited for? Does he project to be a top-4 D or is he just another placeholder until something better comes along? 

If he joins us and becomes another Nick Perbix (average 15 minutes but with 19 points in 52 games, +13; stands 6'2", 191 lb.; occasional 3rd pair OR top pair RD) for us, I would be over the moon.  Not great but solid defense is what we need and any player added above Myers' caliber is a win in my books. 

29 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

WhY wOuLd He SiGn WiTh Us. He CaN cHoOsE aNy OtHeR tEaM.

Why did Kuz Missile choose us over all the other clubs?

For Livingston, he would get to play with Hughes. That’s the best opportunity to play with a guy who will inflate his stats and help him get a much bigger next contract. He will choose us because it’s the best for his future earning potential. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1