The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] All Canucks FOR SALE except EP40 who is "Untouchable".

RU SERIOUS

There are obviously no guarantees, so I’ll be content to have a shot at Bedard. One thing we can control is how many picks we accumulate heading into this draft. Appreciating our preference for 20 something players as a trade return, I hope we also pick up at least one extra first and second round pick.

Canucks management are making it so hard to be a fan of this team these days.

If they’re going to indicate the whole frigging team except #40 is on the table for trading, they need to actually make some trades rather than continue down this stink path where players have no idea if they’ll be here next week, and fans having no sense of direction with this team. This is literally the worst position management could be in - at least if we were tanking hard right now, we’d be securing better draft pick. It’s like management is just sitting on its hands, hoping everything will work out on its own. The General Manager and team of woke assistants should be ashamed, and start actually doing something.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

33 minutes ago, shazzam said:

it would be hard to suck more than Chi, Ana, Cbj and Sjs.

60% chance one of the bottom 4 teams win.

If Florida continues to struggle Montreal have somewhere in the neighborhood of a 12% chance of winning the lottery 

5 minutes ago, Slegr said:

If they’re going to indicate the whole frigging team except #40 is on the table for trading, they need to actually make some trades rather than continue down this stink path where players have no idea if they’ll be here next week, and fans having no sense of direction with this team. This is literally the worst position management could be in - at least if we were tanking hard right now, we’d be securing better draft pick. It’s like management is just sitting on its hands, hoping everything will work out on its own. The General Manager and team of woke assistants should be ashamed, and start actually doing something.

Yeah, declaring you don’t support the coach or the current mix of players can’t make for a good work environment 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

On 12/20/2022 at 10:18 PM, billabong said:

The only hope for Hughes getting traded in season is if New Jersey gets desperate to spark their team who’s lost 6 in a row.

if they start slipping out of the playoff picture all bets are off 

Come Bring It On GIF by UFC

I would be calling them for smaller deals like Garland, Miller, Boeser, Kuzmenko (if he doesn’t sign in the next few days).

We need Bruce to be replaced by a hard nose coach who can check Miller's attitude at the door. Green kept him in check for the most part. Bruce is to nice and let's miller pull that shit. 

New coach might get him on track then once he's on track that coach can put him in the dog house which we can then use to flip him once his bad manners are put out to pasture.

• Cheers 1

If we really fall off during this rough 10 game stretch I hope management sells hard.  

I don’t want to completely tear it down, nor do I think it’s even possible given the current league wide cap situation.  There will be no big dramatic moves in the short term.

To me, Horvat Schenn and Kuzmenko should all have good value at the deadline.  Get what you can - prioritizing C and RD.

If there’s a surprise guy with some value that teams want, pull the trigger.

Come back with a new coach and a healthy Demko to try and right the ship on the ice in 2023/2024.  

Re-signing Petey for 2024-2025 is the big organizational move. If he won’t re-sign it’s basically a full rebuild.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

We need Bruce to be replaced by a hard nose coach who can check Miller's attitude at the door. Green kept him in check for the most part. Bruce is to nice and let's miller pull that shit. 

New coach might get him on track then once he's on track that coach can put him in the dog house which we can then use to flip him once his bad manners are put out to pasture.

That's what i was thinking while watching last night.... i'd love to hear what a coach like Sutter would say about JT 

7 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

If we really fall off during this rough 10 game stretch I hope management sells hard.  

I don’t want to completely tear it down, nor do I think it’s even possible given the current league wide cap situation.  There will be no big dramatic moves in the short term.

To me, Horvat Schenn and Kuzmenko should all have good value at the deadline.  Get what you can - prioritizing C and RD.

If there’s a surprise guy with some value that teams want, pull the trigger.

Come back with a new coach and a healthy Demko to try and right the ship on the ice in 2023/2024.  

Re-signing Petey for 2024-2025 is the big organizational move. If he won’t re-sign it’s basically a full rebuild.

Will our owner allow Bo to be traded?  IMHAO He nixed a Miller deal last TDL and wanted him signed.  And that all happened.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Will our owner allow Bo to be traded?  IMHAO He nixed a Miller deal last TDL and wanted him signed.  And that all happened.

If it’s the owner then we’re in big trouble. I “hope” new management came in, saw Miller putting up 100 points at C, and didn’t like the returns so signed him.  

A big mistake - but just a mistake. 

If it is Aqua, maybe he sees the writing on the wall as well.  No way he’s enjoying this season.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Slegr said:

Here here

Art Love GIF by sendwishonline.com

24 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

If it’s the owner then we’re in big trouble. I “hope” new management came in, saw Miller putting up 100 points at C, and didn’t like the returns so signed him.  

A big mistake - but just a mistake. 

If it is Aqua, maybe he sees the writing on the wall as well.  No way he’s enjoying this season.

Has Aquilini Tweeted much this year?  He was all over Twitter during the BB bump.  Now, he’s totally quiet.  Maybe you’re right, and he will allow a trade of Miller or Bo?  I just don’t see him doing that.  He see our core five as good enough to win.  So it’s going to be two more years of this management following the owner’s direction to build a better supporting cast.  

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Has Aquilini Tweeted much this year?  He was all over Twitter during the BB bump.  Now, he’s totally quiet.  Maybe you’re right, and he will allow a trade of Miller or Bo?  I just don’t see him doing that.  He see our core five as good enough to win.  So it’s going to be two more years of this management following the owner’s direction to build a better supporting cast.  

Who cares?

The quieter Aquaman is the better. Hopefully he’s on his yacht somewhere as far away from this team as possible.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Slegr said:

I feel your pain. Unfortunately management can't make the TDL come 2 months sooner or faster.

As I've said elsewhere, waiting for the TDL to get here feels like I'd imagine what ticking off the last few months of a prison sentence feels like. This season is just killing time until we start to see (hopefully) meaningful change. It's sucks and is difficult to engage with as a fan.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I feel your pain. Unfortunately management can't make the TDL come 2 months sooner or faster.

As I've said elsewhere, waiting for the TDL to get here feels like I'd imagine what ticking off the last few months of a prison sentence feels like. This season is just killing time until we start to see (hopefully) meaningful change. It's sucks and is difficult to engage with as a fan.

100%.  I can't even bother to argue about the stuff that kept us all occupied last year.  Most of the players seem checked out too.  Worst thing is how hard it is going to be to blow this thing up.  Whatever happens at the TDL isn't likely going to be enough. 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

100%.  I can't even bother to argue about the stuff that kept us all occupied last year.  Most of the players seem checked out too.  Worst thing is how hard it is going to be to blow this thing up.  Whatever happens at the TDL isn't likely going to be enough. 

Yup.  Got to get over the philosophical wall the owner puts up to make any changes to core players.  

7 minutes ago, Gurn said:

The longer they wait to do something- the more 'fixed' in the mushy middle we get.

And Canuck luck being what it is, every game played is chance to get a trade asset injured.

If we have to retain salary this year, in order to make sure we get some deals done sooner, rather than later, I'm for it.

So who do we retain on to make them movable?  Garland?  Myers?  OEL? Pearson?  Management has been trying to trade these guys and can’t find any buyers.  

I’m expecting to see Garland to the Caps for Mantha and Boeser to the Habs for Anderson.  Trades where it’s cap out and cap in that changes the look of our supporting cast.  Core five guys aren’t moving.