The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

54 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Equivalence of 3 late firsts for a guy that’s top 10 in league scoring throughout the last 4 seasons combined… I mean as a huge JT fan I would be very very happy with that return, I would still rather focus on a miller + for aho swap 

That would be a great trade for us. JK is turning into a heck of a good player. And he’d be our second line centre locked in to a 4.8 mil cap hit for 7 more years. He’s one guy I’d hope we could get for Miller. Canes will never do that deal though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kodos said:

They’re not trading us Aho lol

There is talk Aho is not happy in carolina… weather that’s true or not who knows… I tried finding the article I can’t remember where it is apologies on no attached source, Carolina plays a tight system and doesn’t allow aho to flourish with his offensive abilities I could see him being a 90 point guy with a bit more freedom I like to compare it to the barzal situation a bit. Fingers crossed carolina is willing to do a block buster with us involving Aho 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

There is talk Aho is not happy in carolina… weather that’s true or not who knows… I tried finding the article I can’t remember where it is apologies on no attached source, Carolina plays a tight system and doesn’t allow aho to flourish with his offensive abilities I could see him being a 90 point guy with a bit more freedom I like to compare it to the barzal situation a bit. Fingers crossed carolina is willing to do a block buster with us involving Aho 

Petey and Aho as our top two centres would be amazing. We’d have to give up more than just JTM though. 
JTM + 11OA for Aho. Not enough?

2 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Equivalence of 3 late firsts for a guy that’s top 10 in league scoring throughout the last 4 seasons combined… I mean as a huge JT fan I would be very very happy with that return, I would still rather focus on a miller + for aho swap 

For me, the focus needs to be on the window 2-3 years from now.  Play hard, win, hopefully make the list season and start building to being a competitor.  That takes awhile and Miller just doesn't fit that timeline

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • elephant 1

I love Miller's game and what he brings to this team. I just don't see the same MGMT group who chose him over Bo, moving on from him this early on in the deal. With that said, anything is possible, just not sure it's plausible. Pretty apparent JT wants to be a Canuck. If he were to be moved out it would take a kings ransom! His game is built for the ploffs and we can move out cap elsewhere if needed.

This would be my reaction if JT is traded prior to the start of next season.

20 Funny Moving GIFs to Animate Your Move

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

Just now, KirkSave said:

I love Miller's game and what he brings to this team. I just don't see the same MGMT group who chose him over Bo, moving on from him this early on in the deal. With that said, anything is possible, just not sure it's plausible. Pretty apparent JT wants to be a Canuck. If he were to be moved out it would take a kings ransom! His game is built for the ploffs and we can move out cap elsewhere if needed.

This would be my reaction if JT is traded prior to the start of next season.

20 Funny Moving GIFs to Animate Your Move

Well, he was very obviously in play at the tdl, wouldn't you agree?

Just now, stawns said:

Well, he was very obviously in play at the tdl, wouldn't you agree?

The ol' scratch was obvious despite the denials by him and Alvin. Being in play and actually being traded are 2 different things. Never hurts to listen on offers and protect the asset. All things considered, a team wanting to add Miller would have to pony up big time. I also think Tocchet will have a big say on what happens with Miller. If he sees him as an integral part of what he is trying to build here, just one more reason for Miller to remain a Canuck. 

1 minute ago, KirkSave said:

The ol' scratch was obvious despite the denials by him and Alvin. Being in play and actually being traded are 2 different things. Never hurts to listen on offers and protect the asset. All things considered, a team wanting to add Miller would have to pony up big time. I also think Tocchet will have a big say on what happens with Miller. If he sees him as an integral part of what he is trying to build here, just one more reason for Miller to remain a Canuck. 

Agreed and I don't think they'd be looking to "dump" him, but if teams come asking with a solid offer, I'd bet they'd take it

• elephant 1

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Petey and Aho as our top two centres would be amazing. We’d have to give up more than just JTM though. 
JTM + 11OA for Aho. Not enough?

I would do that. Maybe a bit lopsided against us but when I look at other proposals on other forums it's always a fleecing to their own team. You got to give to get.

Look at what Florida gave up for one player and how it's worked out

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Agreed and I don't think they'd be looking to "dump" him, but if teams come asking with a solid offer, I'd bet they'd take it

Should be a very interesting summer of trade rumours both pre and post draft for the nucks!

4 minutes ago, KirkSave said:

Should be a very interesting summer of trade rumours both pre and post draft for the nucks!

Miller’s NMC kicks in July 1st. So that should put an end to the lions share of the rumours. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

5 hours ago, Bobby James said:

Florida made the biggest trade last season/offseason right? The Calgary/Florida deal was massive for both organizations and had huge risks involved for both teams. 

Vegas has been making massive moves since they were created. From big trades to get Eichel to signing guys like Pietro to dumping their all star goalie for nothing. That team feels like it immediately established a reputation of going for the cup no matter the cost. 

Carolina got unlucky with injuries sure, but they themselves acknowledge the need for more scoring, so I bet you they wish they did something more around that (and likely will this offseason). 

So sure not a ton a deadline moves this year maybe, but these teams are taking risks and have made big moves over the past few years to try and build a championship team. 

If anything Calgary took a risk, trading a young RFA for two aging players and look how that turned out for them. Carolina would be in the same boat as Calgary, if they trade for Miller. 

Vegas indeed took a risk with Eichel, but again he was 24-yrs old. Not a player in his 30s, who has term on his contract, that will handicap them in the future. Pietrangelo was a free asset in FA. 

Edited by shiznak

I won't be shocked if he stays with us but the way a few teams lost early in the playoffs I think teams will call about him.Make it more then 5 teams now interested.  

If we can move our BB,Myers and Garland.Well two of them we will keep Miller unless a team calls with an offer of a lifetime.  

I'd be happy either way.

Just don't think he will move unless the price is right.

And that's the bottom line!

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, shiznak said:

If anything Calgary took a risk, trading a young RFA for two aging players and look how that turned out for them. Carolina would be in the same boat as Calgary, if they trade for Miller. 

Vegas indeed took a risk with Eichel, but again he was 24-yrs old. Not a player in his 30s, who has term on his contract, that will handicap them in the future. Pietrangelo was a free asset in FA. 

Its one year.  For all anyone knows Huberdeau and Weegar tear it up again next year.  Both are still in their 20s- far from aging

17 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Oh man, those jerseys would have been horrible. stick with the original Nordiques logo. 

Maybe this is why they moved the team,.

Seems the it was the right thing to do now that I ve seen this ! ;) 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Maybe this is why they moved the team,.

Seems the it was the right thing to do now that I ve seen this ! ;) 

Québec City deserves a team. I know at the end of the day it's about the market size, and money, revenue, etc. 

But how legit would it be to have the Nordiques back in Québec City. Reignite that rivalry with the Canadiens! 

• Vintage 1

8 hours ago, SilentSam said:

lets derail this

I don't get it. We finally have a player in JT that plays with fire and is a steady point producer and people want to trade him. Blah, blah, he will age poorly, blah, blah, contract kicks in when he's 30. Cap will go up eventually and his monies will be fine. JT and EP are perfect leaders together and will lead in different ways. The new frik and frak. Keep JT, love that guy and can't wait to hopefully see playoff JT next year. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1