The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Conor Garland buyout this Summer?

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Myers was the same player on Winnipeg and Buffalo that they were happy to get rid of. He’s as much of a problem as the team.

He provides zero offense actually. He can’t hit the net to save his life. He picks up points here and there because we’re a high scoring team but he’s clueless offensively.

His skating may be decent but his brain doesn’t make up for it. He’s constantly making bad reads and is out of position because he doesn’t see the play develop fast enough.

He’s big I’ll give you that but he can’t even play the way that would make him effective without taking penalties.

You can try and boost him all you want and hope a team is dumb enough to bite. I guarantee no team is trading for him though. They’re watching the same player I am. One that will hurt you in games much more than they help.

We'll see whether he gets bought out or traded ;) I like my chances ::D

• Cheers 2

Just now, DeNiro said:

Only way he gets traded is if we take on an equally bad contract like Zaitsev’s.

We’re not getting anything of value.

Depends on when we trade him. This TDL... Probably not much of anything other than a sooner expiring, smaller contract (yes, like Zaitsev). But cap is king and that is in fact something of "value". So, yes we will.

After his bonus is paid, perhaps a pittance... Mid round pick etc.

Next TDL with retention and 3/4 of his hit prorated off... I'd wager we could get something actually half decent like 2nd or a decent "B" prospect and a 3rd +/-.

• There it is 1

3 minutes ago, Pears said:

Garland is still a very tradable player so a buyout makes minimal to no sense.

which team wants a 4'10" player that can't contribute at either end of the ice or on either special team?

garland might be the most useless player on this team. 

edit: for $5 mil a year. 

Edited by tas
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

which team wants a 4'10" player that can't contribute at either end of the ice or on either special team?

garland might be the most useless player on this team. 

edit: for $5 mil a year. 

And OEL is a close second.  This is what happens when an owner uses his GM like this:

image.gif.14b7c6a6c2fca68be78df2a07287b2a7.gif

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

And OEL is a close second.  This is what happens when an owner uses his GM like this:

image.gif.14b7c6a6c2fca68be78df2a07287b2a7.gif

I think oel is a perfectly fine bottom 4 defenceman, but it's impossible for fans to separate his play from his contract. 

I wish contract info was still confidential. 

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

*Ding*, *Ding*, *Ding* 

We have a winner!

in a cap climate where no team has been able to move any money at all, what's suddenly going to change to allow the canucks to move 4 high priced players?

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, tas said:

I think oel is a perfectly fine bottom 4 defenceman, but it's impossible for fans to separate his play from his contract. 

I wish contract info was still confidential. 

In a hard cap can’t have guys eating cap like OEL and being a bottom pairing player.  Really, we could replace what he’s contributing for 2.5 per.  

Our core isn’t the problem.  It’s these overpaid, cap eating support group guys brought in by Benning.  OEL, Myers, Garland eat 18 mil per n cap allocation.  

Just now, Alflives said:

In a hard cap can’t have guys eating cap like OEL and being a bottom pairing player.  Really, we could replace what he’s contributing for 2.5 per.  

Our core isn’t the problem.  It’s these overpaid, cap eating support group guys brought in by Benning.  OEL, Myers, Garland eat 18 mil per n cap allocation.  

I agree, but it doesn't make him useless. garland is useless. an offense only player who is useless in every other way, and also doesn't put up offense. think mason raymond but worse. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, tas said:

I agree, but it doesn't make him useless. garland is useless. an offense only player who is useless in every other way, and also doesn't put up offense. think mason raymond but worse. 

I agree.  And Benning bringing in and paying way too much for support players is a big reason why we are doing poor. 

I don't see it. At the very worst we could probably move him for a player with a similar sized contract and similar term, if not a smaller contract. He's also a good bounceback candidate given how he plays imo, and he's tied up for most of his prime. 

I'd rather avoid buyouts when possible. I'd be open to trading him, not as keen on a buyout. 

Edited by Coconuts