The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Phillip Di Giuseppe, place William Lockwood on IR

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Lockwood's injury history is a huge red flag right now. I really like the guy's hustle and play style, but man... I hope he gets better. I think his rough and tumble game which makes him effective is also the reason why he gets injured so much.

I thought it was a possible concussion when I saw that he left the ice after the hit. But it could be a shoulder or something else. Sorry to see it happen but Di Giuseppe deserves a shot. He almost made the team coming out of pre-season. He has spent his career going up and down between the AHL and NHL and has 204 NHL games (including 3 playoff games). At age 29 he might not get a lot more chances.   And even now he is probably 13th man, with Pederson slotting in ahead of him.

In some ways I don't like to see the chemistry in Abby broken up. It certainly makes sense to leave Podz, Hogz, and Aman on the farm where they are making good progress. 

• Cheers 1

Lockwood was never destined for a long career.   He plays with total reckless abandonment.   He was either going to throw his body at someone and get hurt that way or vice versa.  Unfortunately for him, there likely was no other path to the NHL other than to play that way.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, JamesB said:

I thought it was a possible concussion when I saw that he left the ice after the hit. But it could be a shoulder or something else. Sorry to see it happen but Di Giuseppe deserves a shot. He almost made the team coming out of pre-season. He has spent his career going up and down between the AHL and NHL and has 204 NHL games (including 3 playoff games). At age 29 he might not get a lot more chances.   And even now he is probably 13th man, with Pederson slotting in ahead of him.

In some ways I don't like to see the chemistry in Abby broken up. It certainly makes sense to leave Podz, Hogz, and Aman on the farm where they are making good progress. 

The Swedish line remains intact

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, JamesB said:

a big hit to the baby Canucks though, he's a huge part of that team

34 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

PDG had excellent training camp. Nice to see him get a chance now. 

Mixed feeling about not getting Podz or Hoggy up. 

I’d leave them there for the rest of the season. Abby has a real shot at going for a deep playoff run, and they’re going to need them. 

It’s also great to have them gel the way they have been. They’re a very tight knit group, reminds me of the 00’s Manitoba Moose with Edler Bieksa Kes Ryp Burr Hansen etc not to mention key AHL vets like Baum, Auld Brookbank King etc

Karlsson, Hoglander, Podkolzin, Rathbone and Pederson will all most likely be NHL regulars next season. 

• Like 1