The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Andrei Kuzmenko

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Dan Milstein just gave it to Donnie Taylor.  Taylor was trying to get Milstein to trash the Canucks management.  Milstein called him out on that and said these guys have won multiple cups in Pittsburgh.

Our media are a bunch of parasites...

Have we really won anything that media should celebrate? 

0 cups in 52 years.

We should be praising everything the team does.

I know people hate the media for reporting, but honestly not everything is roses here.

Ps I'm not opposed to the signing. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Take the bath and get whatever you can for him.  The cap space is the real asset

Yeah. Boeser contract runs out in 2 years... Not like it's a 7 year miller deal... 

We won't be competitive during the 2 years.  I think we can afford to retain some salary as we really shouldn't be spending to the cap anyway

10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Dan Milstein just gave it to Donnie Taylor.  Taylor was trying to get Milstein to trash the Canucks management.  Milstein called him out on that and said these guys have won multiple cups in Pittsburgh.

Did you just call Don Taylor a parasite?

Punch You Oh No GIF by GritTV

• RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, VforVasili said:

Maybe, but do those statistics and comparable a factor in the fact that his is still an NHL rookie? Increasing comfort with the NHL game should surely offset a slight age related decline in this case, wouldn’t you think? 

I really don’t think those averages make much sense in this case. Likewise I think his unique situation probably deflated his value as a rental. Better to sign him. I am willing to bet it will prove to be a great signing. 

Sure, his growing experience in the North American game can cancel out nature's vial grip on the human body, I'm here for that argument. I'd also counter point that being a rookie has helped him immensely due to lack of scouting even though he has a developed game.

The factor here is he's shooting at a nearly 25% rate, which is probably a good 10% higher then I expect him to be able to continue.

I also just don't see where the value is over the next 2 years. I hope I'm wrong, I truely do, but I just don't see this team being good in that time. Not sure where his value to the team long term outside cute dimples and good vibes come from.

Edited by Shayster007

2 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

0 cups in 52 years.

I know people hate the media for reporting, but honestly not everything is roses here.

You have a complete lack of understanding of what media is. 

Edited by Odd.
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Chicken. said:

Hopefully the defence free agents available are strong… but would anyone want to come to this dumpster fire these days 

Offer enough and anyone could be bought.  That's the problem though, we don't draft enough defencemen, so we have to go and buy high on the UFA market.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

I refuse to give up hope and this move gives me a little hope that this management group has an inkling of vision.  I'm not giving up that will see the core to build around as

Petey

Bo

Hughes

Kuz

Demko

Podz

Hogz

Putting podz and hogz down in Abby was a great move.

Don't want to virtanen McCann them Ala Dumbo 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

Big fan of this deal. Was happy to hear that Milstein was looking for short term. Didn't want to see a 6x6 deal. This keeps Pettersons kurri under contract through Petterssons contract year and gives me a glimmer of hope that he will re-sign long term. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

So what's the plan? 

For the team to improve... 

Clearly Brock and Myers has to go

Bo has to go for cap / contract demand reasons

OEL needs to go but contract is impossible to move. 

Garland is a maybe

Could they potentially use the assets from

Boeser (2nd round) 

Bo (prospect, 1st and maybe a 2nd)

Schenn (2nd round) 

To get rid of OEL (a 2nd and cap retained) 

Ride out 1 more year of Myers (trade at next year's deadline) or retain now and trade him

So outgoing would be. 

Bo, Boeser, OEL + 2nd round pick, Myers Schenn

Incoming

Prospect + 1st (from Horvat trade) + 2nd

2nd rounder (Boeser) 

2nd rounder (Schenn) 

Basically we got rid of 3 of our top 4 D men.... 

How do you fill this? 

We would need an RD from the Horvat trade and then we would have 2 firsts and 3nds (including our own picks) to draft a centre and some d men. 

Pearson goes on LTIR next year

Kuz Petey Mikheyev 

Garland Miller Podkolzin

Hogz Joshua Pederson 

Studnicka Lazar Lockwood 

Hughes (RD from Horvat trade) 

Dermott Bear 

Burroughs Rathbone 

Demko

Ouch

This looks terrible

We would need Klim, Karlsson, Lekkermaki to pan out

Rathbone to make the jump 

And make sure we draft a stud D or 2 with one of our 2 firsts and 3 2nds...

Top 4 D don't grow on trees... 

Rathbone hasn't played for 2 1/2 weeks? Another concussion. I think he is likely toast.

• Cheers 2
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

0 cups in 52 years.

The media's job isn't to celebrate, it is to report news.  They don't report news anymore, they are an extended version of TMZ these days.  Drance is the absolute worst of them all.  He is like trailer trash.  TMZ is actually more credible than Drance...

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Hopefully the defence free agents available are strong… but would anyone want to come to this dumpster fire these days 

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Offer enough and anyone could be bought.  That's the problem though, we don't draft enough defencemen, so we have to go and buy high on the UFA market.

Im still gun shy about ufa signings... 

I mean we are trying to get rid of Myers who was the number 1 UFA d man the summer he signed with us. 

These need to be drafted... 

16 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I watched the live video feed, it was tongue in cheek.

Milstein answered it well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1