The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

19 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I like it. Got a good return.

The mid 1st in a deep draft is a great get. Any contender trading for Horvat would have returned a late 1st. A 13th overall vs 23rd overall is a big difference. 

Rebuild/ Retool has started. 

I expect Myers and Boeser and Garland to be gone as well. Either at tdl or in summer. 

We win the Bedard sweepstakes this summer and get a RHD in summer. This retool could be a quicker turnaround than expected if we can get some luck in the draft. 

Heartily agree. Bo was a good soldier, but was time to reshuffle the deck.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

This deal is actually brilliant the more I think about it. All the smoke of Bo going to a contender which would invariably lead to him re-signing with them before Free Agency and he gets shipped to a team that might not even make the playoffs. That's a colossal price for the Islanders to pay for a flat rental. Take your run at him in the offseason with everybody else and at least you got assets in case he does walk.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

You paid for something that the ownership doesn’t value. 

Smoke a bowl and think about your lost money. Ownership doesn’t care. 

It was a bday present for my 50th........black skate 50th edition.  I've never bought a jersey in my life

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 1