The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

I feel this could be a pretty sneaky good deal for us with Raty being our future 2C on ELC (Elite skills and has size), Beauviller a good high energy guy with skill (Our new Beau), and I can also feel that they are going to target Axel Sandin Pellikka with that pick some way shape or form.  Could be a good move and there are likely many more now that we have cap space.

Edited by Kobayashi Maru
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, canucktican said:

Not sure about the return but an end of an era.. starting with the shocking Cory Schneider trade and drafting Horvat at 9th till now it's been an emotional roller coaster with this team..

I’ve been a fan since the day they drafted him. I was so excited at the time. Definitely end of an era for me…

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, canuckfromlangley said:

I don't see how this makes us better in any way.

Well, it doesn't make us much worse. Given we are already bottom 10. So it's a trade where we got 2 really good prospects, and an expiring deal after next season. Or we could keep him as a Pearson replacement and move Pearson for anything. It hurts us now, helps us later. Which makes sense given we suck right now anyway.

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Patrik Allvin:

"First of all, we would like to thank Bo Horvat for all that he has done for the Vancouver Canucks during his nine seasons in Vancouver. He has been a great leader and ambassador for our hockey club. As difficult as it is to trade away our captain, we are excited to add a high-quality 25-year-old winger in Anthony Beauvillier, a young centre in Aatu Raty, and a protected first-round draft pick. These pieces will be a big part of our development and growth moving forward."

Press release:

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/canucks-acquire-beauvillier-raty-and-first-round-pick-from-ny-islanders/c-340602546

image.gif.cfca19caaa308f9d2df0f76f6760098a.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2.5 years of ELC left on Raty... has the tools to be a good 2nd line center, hopefully he can put it all together.

Boulivier has another year on the books and could be a nice piece to trade at the deadline next season. Solid 20/20 guy.

That pick can net us a good dman if it's in the 13-17 zone

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

A RHD in the first round? The Canucks?

That hasn't happened since.. Brad Ference 10OA in 1997

your right prolly getting a winger... lol But seriously Pelikka Reinbacher Guly Simashev all could be there Dragicevic

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, AriGold said:

No way man, Aatu Raty is an elite level prospect.

Raty looked dangerous against us when we last played the islanders on January 3rd. Also he’s a Fin! We’re always too much Swedish and not enough Finnish lol.

I even thought at the time of watching that game that he would be a nice piece in a trade for Bo. Also, I’m stoked we got another first rounder in this epic draft year. 

I just wish we also got a young D man back too. All in all I’m pleased. I was totally expecting Bo to get hurt before the trade deadline, so this is much better than that lol! 

• Cheers 4

Judging by the numbers... Beauvillier could be our second LW behind Kuzy....  maybe Beauvillier - Miller - Boeser will work??

Raty..... what a lil rat... I remember he scored a sneaky goal right in our building not too long ago... damn he can shoot!!! finally I think we got ourselves a legit 3C after failing with Dickinson and Pedey/Stud....

14 minutes ago, Gator said:

Sucks we didn't get a D, but I really kinda like the return tbh.. Hopefully there's a bunch of other moves this trade opens the door for

Stockpile prospects amd tank for Bedard. That's the best course of action for us right now

We just added ANOTHER winger... surely a winger will be moved out (Boeser...)

Just now, RakuRaku said:

Judging by the numbers... Beauvillier could be our second LW behind Kuzy....  maybe Beauvillier - Miller - Boeser will work??

Raty..... what a lil rat... I remember he scored a sneaky goal right in our building not too long ago... damn he can shoot!!! finally I think we got ourselves a legit 3C after failing with Dickinson and Pedey/Stud....

Boeser is next. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He’s their top prospect because they have weak prospects.

Allvin trying to hit a home run with Raty, but he’s far from a guarantee. Beauvillier is basically a cap dump. 

Only way this deal turns into a home run is if the pick becomes a top 10 pick in 2024.

Canucks fans better hope the Isles keep losing this season…

is the 2024 draft deep? Honestly I'd be fine if we made the pick this season as well because theres a chance Michikov could drop.