The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

Romanov will not fix the canucks defensive woes... We needed a blue chip rhd coming back. Romanov is pretty much another Tyler Myers. 

If they make a trade like that, I'll be pretty angry... Expect the same crap next season and many more after that. 

I think most fans would be disappointed. It’s the whole speed up the retool philosophy though.  So I wouldn’t be overly shocked.  

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

It's not just 1:1, you're also getting cap space in return and cap space should absolutely be looked at as a trade asset. 

Chytil's age lines up more with Pettersson, Hughes, ect and he's an actual NHL center. Meanwhile the Rangers are a team lead by a core of veteran forwards and they should likely go for it sooner than later. 

Sometimes it's about getting both teams what they need. We'd be better off having Miller's cap space to take on contracts from other teams in return for assets. Miller doesn't fit the timeline of what's looking more like a rebuild, regardless of what JR or Allvin want to call it. He never has. 

Fingers crossed.......it would be one explanation for why they did this deal now.  Perhaps they want to be laser focused on moving miller now 

• Cheers 3

Just now, stawns said:

That simply isn't the NHL anymore and in a league where every point counts, you don't risk a W for retaliation.

Yeah, like Marchand punching Sedin in the head repeatedly and no one sticking up for him? 

I would've ripped that rat's head off in a heart beat. Period.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, ilduce39 said:

Beauvillier scoring at a decent rate in the playoffs compared to his regular season.  

Not that we’ll be there this year… but it’s always nice to see a guy who can elevate his game.

We won't be there next year either. Probably not for a while. Maybe even longer if Demko's the rumored guy who wants out and considering his name is out there, there may be smoke. 

• Huggy Bear 3

On a side note, called it....

It was always on the cards, after the Miller extension. Last summer was when they made their decision, that Bo was going. 
Unfortunately Miller has not continued his stellar play from last year, so we'll see how it pans out... maybe there are more trades on the way. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Isam said:

He is good, but the contract  with ska might be too much for a top five team to wait for.

Fingers crossed.  It would be incredible if he dropped to 6-7.  He's the best player not named Bedard in the draft

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

We could definitely flip the Islander’s first for an established D though.  13OA last draft got Romanov, right? 

Yes, that first from NYI is a great bargaining chip.

A pick in the teens and a player like Brock could easily net us the quality RHD we need.

If not draft one. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Taking head shots and not retaliating is part of the culture change that is long over due here

Need to get back to the Smyl / Linden days of Captaincy, and a wolf pack mentality of having each others back.

If anyone was paying attention to what this new management has been doing, this is what this new group is working towards.

This is why BB and Bo were never going to be a part of the big plan. Did anyone notice who Tocchet put on Bo's line? Boeser is definitely next to go. 

I think Myers is also next to be gone. Hughes and OEL appear to be the go-to guys right now.

The Culture needed to change and those plans are already in motion.

Miller is a big question mark though. Yes he plays a more aggressive game and plays a very good Pack Mentality game, but he has his own issues which may or may not be rectified. I think he may be the plan as 2C until they see what Raty can do and see if he is a 3C or an eventual 2C. Miller can then play the wing.

I think the glutton of wingers will either get us serviceable defenseman or draft picks needed to get them

This plan is not done and many on here are premature to judge when the plan has just begun.

When its all said and done, I think we will see a team built similar to Vegas or Seattle and will be way more exciting to watch then the whatever we have been witnessing the past few years TBH.

• Cheers 4

2 hours ago, stawns said:

You don't know that, at all.  They could sink below 12 this year and come back strong next year.  Lam bent Allvin right over

Disagree. We got the highest 1st we likely could have, their best prospect, and a serviceable NHLer to make the cap work. Don’t stress Beauvillier, it could have been Bailey.

• Cheers 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, BarnBurner said:

Yeah, like Marchand punching Sedin in the head repeatedly and no one sticking up for him? 

I would've ripped that rat's head off in a heart beat. Period.

To what end?  Keep in mind, that was my job in Jr, so I like that style of hockey.  It's just not a part of the game anymore and you can't afford to risk W's.

5 minutes ago, lmm said:

This Organization has made lots of mistakes this owner, 2 Prez/Gms, and coaches, Smyl, Linden, there is lots of blame to go around.

But Bo has over-valued his services, and for the  most part his play through a lot of his time here.

He signed his last contract one month before the regular season started 

He never became the game controlling Selke candidate we expected

He is/was great on faceoffs

Gone are the days when he was considered JToews #2

He brought a balanced outlook, but rarely the fire that this team desperately needs

Orland Kurtenbach was here from the start, I'm not sure what start date you are using to say Bo Horvat was here from.

Bo was/is a good guy, a good family man, but he rarely if ever had the answer to the problems that the Canucks have faced

The team showed too much loyalty to the Sedins, and that is where this downward spiral began

I can’t even talk to you right now. 

Your sentence and paragraph structure makes me want to punch you in the face. 

I have a lot of stress right now. 

Please don’t be another stressor. 

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 3

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We won't be there next year either. Probably not for a while. Maybe even longer if Demko's the rumored guy who wants out and considering his name is out there, there may be smoke. 

True, but AB should have value at the 2024 TDL as a rental, especially with his playoffs resume.  

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So apparently the 2023 draft is supposed to be just as good as the 2003 draft.

That's insane! Really!?

Maybe more top heavy but that's pretty bold to predict that kind of depth.

Edited by Baratheon

5 minutes ago, lmm said:

This Organization has made lots of mistakes this owner, 2 Prez/Gms, and coaches, Smyl, Linden, there is lots of blame to go around.

But Bo has over-valued his services, and for the  most part his play through a lot of his time here.

He signed his last contract one month before the regular season started 

I didn't know that. To think he could have just stayed here if he took a 500,000 discount. 

Everyone expects us to get way worse. But now we are in underdog mode. 

Edited by MaxVerstappen33

1 minute ago, Kenny Powers said:

Disagree. We got the highest 1st we likely could have, their best prospect, and a serviceable NHLer to make the cap work. Don’t stress Beauvillier, it could have been Bailey.

With Garland and Boeser also rumoured to be on the move out. Beauvillier will get a good opportunity to play with Petey, Kuz, Miller, Mikh in the top 6.