The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Spencer Martin, Axel Jonsson-Fjallby

why? just why? 

if you for some reason want to keep icing the best line-up why did you trade Bo? 

you traded your best scorer and captain, why can't you just commit to a rebuild? 

you're not making the playoffs, changing the goalies isn't going to do anything for that atrocious defence.

can we restart our gm/president search again? been a little over a year and im sick of these clowns. 

7 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

If they throw Demko in at this point then it is a shoe in that he is getting traded at the deadline. 

I'm actually really confused at what their trying to do. 

"retool not rebuild".. wtf? 

If they do trade Demko, doesn't that mean they're committing to a rebuild?

We don't exactly have star quality goaltending in our pipeline. It's pretty desolate and empty in terms of our defence and goaltending prospects. 

Is management just assuming we'll magically get an elite level goaltender somehow?

After Demko leaves, poof, out of nowhere? 

I feel like they don't have a damn clue what they're doing. 

3 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

What are you talking about. Of course you can. 

It's what this Franchise has been doing for the longest time. 

Always picking 5th forever. Even if we win the lottery this season, Bettman's going to have a good reason for us to pick 5th. 

Goddamn Bettman. 

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

where are those drinking GIFS...ah, there's one. 

Picking 5th this year would be amazing! The top 6 players could all be number 1 in a weak year.

1 hour ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

We don't exactly have star quality goaltending in our pipeline. It's pretty desolate and empty in terms of our defence and goaltending prospects. 

Is management just assuming we'll magically get an elite level goaltender somehow?

Pretty sure JR is pretty confident he can sign Jarry in the summer if he trades Demko.

4 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Because if you act like cheapskates, you also get cheapskates results. 

Not everything free is good, contrarily to the simple mind. 

Rooster space has value, the team's reputation has value, team chemistry has value. If you claim a waiver, that's one less opportunity for someone already in your system for more ice time. Why not develop quality from within your own system instead of being cheapskates and looking for free stuff outside? 

I was just joking about claiming everyone lol. 

7 hours ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

I think they know exactly what they are doing but they don't really need to give you or I or anyone else a play by play of what their real plans are as that would tip off the rest of the league as to what is really going on here.

My astute observation over the past year is that JR likes to talk, but he also likes to deceive.  He hired Allvin who is really good at talking alot and saying nothing.  Unlike Jim Benning, they try and keep things under wraps until it happens.  The Horvat trade is a key example.  The one time the media found out about their plans in advance it backfired on them spectacularly, which was the Boudreau firing.  I don't think they are going to make that mistake again, and JR has promised to keep his mouth shut and let Allvin do the talking, which we know leads to him not saying anything...

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think they know exactly what they are doing but they don't really need to give you or I or anyone else a play by play of what their real plans are as that would tip off the rest of the league as to what is really going on here.

My astute observation over the past year is that JR likes to talk, but he also likes to deceive.  He hired Allvin who is really good at talking alot and saying nothing.  Unlike Jim Benning, they try and keep things under wraps until it happens.  The Horvat trade is a key example.  The one time the media found out about their plans in advance it backfired on them spectacularly, which was the Boudreau firing.  I don't think they are going to make that mistake again, and JR has promised to keep his mouth shut and let Allvin do the talking, which we know leads to him not saying anything...

The more the Canucks lose the greater the possible moves the management can make. IMO the fans have been conditioned, or better yet, educated to NHL realities. The deeper this goes the more it looks like a tear down versus a rebuild on the go. I would not be surprised to see big moves like Meyers, Miller or even Hughes being traded. That assumes that Boeser, Schenn and Garland are also going. My initial 'big ' deal option, other than Meyers, probably not happening.  

It will be interesting to see if he clears or if Ottawa snags him to have at least one goalie in the organization with NHL games under his belt.  Soogard now has two games of NHL  experience and his back up is an ECHL goalie Mandalese with no experience and very little AHL experience.

Even if they decided to waive him again if they found a better stopgap, I don't see why they wouldn't pick him up.

I am still hoping that once he gets picked up there is another move that the Canucks are doing to have this make sense.  We haven't heard that Demko is ready, and he shouldn't be thrown into the fire right away anyways.  Even if you are trying to showcase him before the deadline, give him some time in the AHL on a conditioning stint to make it more likely he shows off well in the NHL when he does play again.  I also don't think we should be bringing Silovs up at all this year if Demko isn't ready.

Edited by Provost