The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[3-Way Trade] Maple Leafs acquire Ryan O'Reilly, Noel Acciari, Josh Pillar; Blues acquire Adam Gaudette, Mikhail Abramov, 2023 1st-round pick, 2023 3rd-round pick, 2024 2nd-round pick; Wild acquire 2025 4th-round pick

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Getting ROR just made all the Leafs’ D a little bit better. Maybe some here don’t realize how important a defensively minded centre is for helping the D?  

You know what’s even better? Defensemen. They’re really important to helping the D. That and tadalafil. 

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Apparently Barbashev is likely gone to but I agree. They still got Kyrou and Thomas as well. In any respect unless we start winning games we're not passing them. 

No way they lose Barbashev with Kyrou. Both are the team’s future. 

Any rumours about Barbashev that you know of?

Edited by Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Why does Minni do this? They are in a wild card they retain 1,875,000 on ROR and got a 2025 4th?? 

STL is laughing here. 

Bubble team? 

Capspace? Another trade asset? 

Edited by Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Why does Minni do this? They are in a wild card they retain 1,875,000 on ROR and got a 2025 4th?? 

STL is laughing here. 

He's a UFA at the end of the year and only costs 75K in salary for the Wild.  Even after adding the O'Reilly retention they project to have nearly 13M in deadline cap space.  Rather than just lose it they might as well leverage it to get a 4th round pick.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

No way they lose Barbashev with Kyrou. Both are the team’s future. 

Any rumours about Barbashev that you know of?

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/bruins/nhl-rumors-latest-asking-price-ivan-barbashev-trade-revealed

https://thehockeywriters.com/blues-barbashev-potential-landing-spots-2023/https://thehockeywriters.com/blues-barbashev-potential-landing-spots-2023/

https://theathletic.com/4197838/2023/02/15/blues-ivan-barbashev-trade-options/

Apparently he's being shopped around. Blues looking at a rebuild/retool. I believe @mll also posted regarding this.

Soooooo, they gave up a haul to get bodied in the first round again? They still have to contend with Tampa and I am not sure how Toronto's defence stands a chance. Whatever, at least they got a forward that actually gives a sh*t about defence. They misunderstood the assignment.

"Hey Dubas, we need help on defence" - Literally everyone

"Get a forward that plays defence? Gotcha" - Dumbass

"Well no, I mean we-" - Literally everyone

"Done, we got Ryan O'Reilly now :)" - Dumbass

"I mean, I guess that helps :huh:" - Literally everyone

3 minutes ago, mll said:

He's a UFA at the end of the year and only costs 75K in salary for the Wild.  Even after adding the O'Reilly retention they project to have nearly 13M in deadline cap space.  Rather than just lose it they might as well leverage it to get a 4th round pick.

image.gif.26616490d661e730fddfa6e13dec004d.gif

29 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Well done, Dudass. Way to address your garbage defense. Who are you? Jim Benning?

The Leafs are 7th overall in GA and GAA and 11th overall in SV%.  Seems like their overall defensive game is just fine.  On top of that, they just added a Selke trophy winner and a very good bottom 6 forward in Acciari...

10 minutes ago, Nooks said:

Odd that they go all in this year when Boston has like 10 reg losses all year.  I hope they meet and it goes to game 7…again.

Word in the off-season was that was going to be their last try with this core group.  Dubas also in the last year of his deal.

1st round matchup looks already set vs Tampa with only home ice still to be decided.  

Just now, mll said:

Word in the off-season was that was going to be their last try with this core group.  Dubas also in the last year of his deal.

1st round matchup looks already set vs Tampa with only home ice still to be decided.  

Ooof.  They would have 2-3 cups if they made the Tanev trade with us a few years back.

• Cheers 1