The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[3-Way Trade] Maple Leafs acquire Ryan O'Reilly, Noel Acciari, Josh Pillar; Blues acquire Adam Gaudette, Mikhail Abramov, 2023 1st-round pick, 2023 3rd-round pick, 2024 2nd-round pick; Wild acquire 2025 4th-round pick

26 minutes ago, stawns said:

Depends how deep they go.  If they bow out in the first round, that's a top 16-20 pick

Playoff results only matter as from the 3rd round.  It's by point percentage in the regular season for an exit in round 1 or 2, and even after that group if they win the division but Toronto unlikely to catch Boston.

Lottery teams 1-16

Teams that exit in round 1 or 2 but weren't divisional winners in the regular season - 17 to possibly 28

Divisional winners in the regular season that exit in round 1 or 2 - min 24 to max 28

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Boston is old and will wilt in the playoffs. 

Have you watched them this year? They are really good at hockey and are strong at every position. I think you are just wishing they are old and wilting. They are not.

• Cheers 3

30 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Why are you concerned?  They’re not even close to tank status. 

They dumped Tarasenko and O'Reilly, looks like Barbashev too plus whatever else they might do. Honestly I thought they were only about 5 or 6 ahead but they are nine. Should be enough but it could get close though. They still have some good players but they've been pretty horrible all year and are getting worse quickly.

21 minutes ago, rekker said:

Does he play D?

By adding two excellent defensive fwds, one of whom is a selke winner, they've shorted up their defensive game significantly.  Theoretically, they could still add a Luke schenn kind of dmsn too

Gotta wonder if Toronto realizes the writing is on the wall ($10.8 million in cap space next year, with only 12 players signed; Bunting/ Engvall/ Kampf/ ROR/ Kerfoot/ Holl all UFA, Samsonov is RFA) so they need to gear up and go for it before they need to move one of their big ticket guys.  Doubt they can even retain most of this depth, so I'm interested to see how they'll build their team in the future, but this isn't the worst move -- and I'd be scared on the PP if I knew that Marner and ROR were rushing at me and they'll generate chances despite being down a man.  

39 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

They dumped Tarasenko and O'Reilly, looks like Barbashev too plus whatever else they might do. Honestly I thought they were only about 5 or 6 ahead but they are nine. Should be enough but it could get close though. They still have some good players but they've been pretty horrible all year and are getting worse quickly.

I doubt it. Barbashev is their top line guy along with Schenn now. 

• Upvote 1