The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Oilers trade Jesse Puljujarvi to Hurricanes for Patrik Puistola

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t see this as a win for Carolina to be honest.

They used valuable cap space they could have used on an actual impact player. JP does little to move the needle for them.

I'm on the fence as Puljujarvi definitely needed a change of scenery it was never going to work and likely get worse in Edmonton. I'm hopeful that Jesse can turn things around in Carolina it is a good spot for him to become a more impactful player.

There’s no way this is Carolinas response to New York getting Tarasenko and Kane. There’s gotta be a big move coming for them.

They very well could be playing the Rangers in the first round. A first round exit this season would be a disaster for them. 

2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Eh they’ve struggled to get Kotkaniemi to play well. 

Which is saying something, cause Kotkaniemi is playing with guys like Svechnikov and Necas. Recently Teravainen and Necas. It's why I am not as high on him as some other folks. If he can't get over 0.5 ppg playing some dynamic youngsters like that, what the hell is he gonna do with Garland, Boeser and Dakota Joshua? Not trying to roast them, but they sure as sh*t aren't as talented as the wingers Kotkaniemi is playing with in Carolina.

But yeah, going to Carolina doesn't guarantee much. But maybe playing with Aho gets Pool party going. They were WJC teammates if I recall correctly. I am guessing he is just glad to be out of Edmonton. He's wanted out for a while.

55 minutes ago, combover said:

Clueless. 

your calling a 22 year old a bust who’s putting up the same points as a26 year old (garland) who’s making more.lololololololol

it is amazing the nonsense people speak. 
oh right we don’t want to compare contracts and points because that doesn’t fit the narrative you’ve created. facts not allowed. 

I know I know facts suck when you live in a self made fabricated

fairytale.  

Jt can be the next captain I like him he’s a good player for now. 
I get it you’re president of the Jt  fan club and you’re ok with not actually trying to build a Stanley cup team because you’ve got one favourite player and been told and sold that the playoffs are the goal by the biggest idiot of gm this franchise has ever seen. 

Angry lil fella you are 

51 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t see this as a win for Carolina to be honest.

They used valuable cap space they could have used on an actual impact player. JP does little to move the needle for them.

I'm saying W for them because they never spend assets on additions. It's always the cheap / free / only capspace route it seems. So based of that and the fact he is a capable defensive fwd going to play under one of the best coaches... I just view it as a W for those reasons 

Kotka's biggest attribute, is likely his cheap-O buyout should he continue his plummet.

Also have suggested accepting him in various JT/Bo deals, on the basis he's a small part of big packages. Would say the Canes blasted a hole in their left foot with this offer sht-fiasco. They'd be incentivized to add some tasty +++, to distance themselves from this previous PR, twitter-brained attn-wh*re-scheme.(& that's just my opinion, SIR!)

53 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I'd live to see that. EK with McDavid would be awesome to watch. 

Wouldn’t it be funny if they just swapped teams?

i think I replied to the wrong comment lol

Edited by Schmutzhaken
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Schmutzhaken said:

Wouldn’t it be funny if they just swapped teams??

Maybe, but I'd honestly be a bit surprised if Matthews wanted to walk to Arizona after all the playoff frustration he's had in Toronto. He'll get paid wherever he goes, why not win too? 

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Maybe, but I'd honestly be a bit surprised if Matthews wanted to walk to Arizona after all the playoff frustration he's had in Toronto. He'll get paid wherever he goes, why not win too? 

Agree. Maybe sunny Cali?