The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Red Wings trade Filip Hronek, 2023 4th-round pick to Canucks for conditional 2023 1st-round pick (NYI), 2023 2nd-round pick

5 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

What team has ever won with just two players? It's crap. Their formula is crap. Not one lightbulb in that office goes off and says this isn't working. Stupidity at its best.

But we don't just have 2 players.  We acquired some really good pieces going forward.

Just now, RWJC said:

Two young and already recognized as elite superstar players, but yeah let’s trade them the F out of town do we can HOPE we find that again.

Incredibly stupid.

It is not. This team ain't going anywhere with them with current moves. 

Why waste their time and ours when we can kick a rebuild to hyper drive with their superstar level returns. 

In a vacuum, the trade itself is pretty good.  A top 4 offensive RHD.  Unfortunately it might not move the needle enough and puts the Canucks back in the middle.  Not good enough to be contenders.  Not bad enough for top 5 picks.   Mediocrity. 

Unless there are more trades coming or some more “major surgery” in the summer, I suspect Canucks to improve to just miss the playoffs again. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

If not a full rebuild, then a RHD was certainly a priority. 

It’s quite clear Ownership isn’t going to allow for a rebuild. It’s retool around Petey, Hughes and a couple other mid-20yr old players. 

Why? So we can finish 8 spots out of the basement instead of 3 or 4? It might have been a "priority" for some, but not me.

As I said, I've seen this movie many times. It always ends up with us in the playoffs, but not a true contender.

The last time we were a true contender is when Burkie moved players and got us the 2nd and 3rd picks....

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

650 had a guy on from Detroit, who has watched every Detroit game, which obviously neither one of us have done.  He said Hronek has improved defensively and shut down Stamkos when they played Tampa.  He said he is a legit top 4 Dman and the reason they traded him is they were worried about his next contract.  He obviously is behind Seider on their depth chart, so they probably didn't want to pay both of them.

OEL is not going to be on this team next year.  Even Satiar Shah is now saying there is a real possibility they will buy him out.  So, we are most likely targeting someone like Olli Maata to play with him next year.  Ryan Graves would be my first choice.  Hronek will be on the 2nd pairing, no he's not a shutdown Dman, I never said he was, but he will complement a shutdown Dman that we hopefullly will acquire to partner him.

The NYI pick won't be a top 5 pick.  They will finish at 13th or higher this year and Detroit will get that pick in 2023.

Chychrun is a LHD.  We were targeting a RHD.  If Tocchet really wanted Chychrun I am sure he is the guy we would have traded for...

There's a lot of future predictions in this comment, and I'm not going to go down the path of hypotheticals and what if this happens instead of that. As for Chychrun, neither of us can speak with conviction about what's gone down behind closed doors, but by all accounts Chychrun was and is a Tocchet type of player. And comparing trade packages between Hronek and Chychrun, I know who I'd rather have.

Hronek is a canuck now so I'll cheer for him and hope he does well. But at this time, I don't like this trade.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Oldmanpower said:

The coyotes are caught between the Ahl and Nhl in a mode where they collect draft piks and can’t fill a five thousand seat arena and pay to take other teams junk

They had about 10 picks last year , 3 in the 1st rnd, 2 / 2nd , 2 / 3rd.

I have no idea who they are,  ..

5 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

Canucks Fans "We need to improve the D! Our D sucks! When are they going to address the blueline! "

Same fans once they finally address it:

"What are they doing!? Why make this trade! Don't give away picks!'

There really is no winning man lol smh

How about we address the D by trading some of our forwards instead of draft picks? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It doesn't take 10 years to rebuild.....especially if we get a lottery pick.

Yeah, right? It takes a minimum 8+ years, and that's not even guaranteed. 

Just ask the Coilers. 

My main point is, we need the right guy running the show. If we, or any other

team don't have that, then we're all screwed. 

5 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

It is not. This team ain't going anywhere with them with current moves. 

Why waste their time and ours when we can kick a rebuild to hyper drive with their superstar level returns. 

I’m sorry, I understand the concept, I just think it’s entirely redundant. You need core pieces to build around. Now, that’s what’s being done. 

For shits and giggles…you’re the GM. Who and what are you trading EP and QH for as of today?

Edited by RWJC

You know...Canuck fans complain a LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do Something....

Don't do that.....do something else...

Ohhhhh, I can't believe you did that.....

Why the hell Didn't you do that, what the hell's wrong with you???

Its like Superman, he runs around fixing the planet and never figures out that we actually seem to LIKE it Fricken f**ked UP!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Stop pretending that everyone had the same opinion on this....

Many of us who hate this deal weren't saying squat about RHD. We wanted an effing rebuild.

This board is too binary. There’s 0 or 1. No other opinion allowed. 

• Like 1

Just now, BarnBurner said:

Yeah, right? It takes a minimum 8+ years, and that's not even guaranteed. 

Just ask the Coilers. 

My main point is, we need the right guy running the show. If we, or any other

team don't have that, then we're all screwed. 

Who says? And who says the Oilers are the only example? What about the Pens....or the Bolts?