The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boycott future playoffs

Rate this topic

Bathgate

The owner and management has again traded off the future for playoff dates,not even this year. I'm 76, my opportunity to see the Stanley Cup win by canucks in my lifetime went to slim or none. My only response that I can control is economic therefore I shall not buy a playoff ticket unless they win the presidents cup first.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 7
  • Sad 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • RoughGame 1

Even if they drafted a D with the NYI 1st. That player would probably take 5 years to get to the NHL, and who knows how good they would actually be. Hronek is only 25 (2 years older than Hughes). This is a move to set them up for the future. Who knows what kind of future that Islander pick will have.

Canucks still have their lotto pick

• Cheers 2

You do you.

Personally, I'm not buying a playoff ticket until they build a bridge from the Island.  Or move the Island closer.  ::D

Ultimately, I cheer for the players that pull on the sweater.  Sure, management doesn't always do things the way I want them to, but unless they start committing heinous crimes, I will be there (at my TV) to watch.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

You do you fam, 

The moves may sound upsetting initially, but in reality, it makes sense if we're building around Petey + Hughes + Demko to be a competitive team within their window. Rebuilding would've meant we're trading EVERYONE. But I'm hoping we can recoup a 2nd round pick for this draft and dump Myers. At this point, I'm curious about what their next moves are considering we're loaded with wingers and lack center depth.

Out - Horvat (27), Schenn (33), Stillman (24), Lockwood (24), 7th round in 26, 2nd in 23

In - Hronek (25), Bloom (19), Kravtsov (23), Beauv (25), Raty (20), 3rd in 23, 4th in 23

Please explain to me how the above gives you any indication that the owner/management has traded off our future? People are loosing their minds over the NYIs 1st and yes it was exciting to think what that player could be but the reality is, it didn't fit with the current superstar we have in Pettersson. Besides that, what did we hope for in that NYIs 1st? A top 4 RHD? Well, we got one without even having to roll the dice. 

Keep your playoff money if you like, but this team didn't trade away our future (yet, if we trade the Canucks 2023 1st than I'm with you). 

• Cheers 3
  • Wat 1

21 minutes ago, Bathgate said:

The owner and management has again traded off the future for playoff dates,not even this year. I'm 76, my opportunity to see the Stanley Cup win by canucks in my lifetime went to slim or none. My only response that I can control is economic therefore I shall not buy a playoff ticket unless they win the presidents cup first.

SEASON TICKET HOLDERS MUST ABANDON AQUA-LINI'S TEAM ! No one should spend a cent on anything Canuck!

• Like 2
  • Wat 1

24 minutes ago, Bathgate said:

Have fun with that..

1 hour ago, Bathgate said:

You would need to boycott them on tv too.  Since boycotting a sold out game would be meaningless.  

Haven’t spent any money on the team through most of Benning’s years and not looking to until they decide they want to build towards a championship calibre team, not just a team that may be able to squeak into the wild card which is current plan. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bathgate said:

If you're 76, why are you whining about them adding a 25 year old top dman to the young core of players?  Banking on the "future" is a 10 year process

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Bathgate said:

Bro, you can still watch the nucks from the afterlife.  Chillax

7 hours ago, Bathgate said:

as bad as they may be, i don't think they'll get relegated to the ahl.

Way things are going we might get there sooner then later if things come together right.

I just want us to start winning,so these moves made me happy.

You see it another way I am ok with that but some think different like in life which this is part of.