The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Toronto Maple Leafs at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 04, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

22 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Can't wait for my Miller Jersey to arrive! Suck it to those who wanted him traded! We need that leadership for the young-in's.

Yep the perfect leader in meaningless games :bigblush:

I kid .. I kid, still he needs to prove he can get things done when it matters 

So is this the game that costs them the tank race?

And anyone getting excited again about the Canucks might think about last year where they went on a run where they still didn't make the playoffs. Is this really the team that's going to get us into the playoffs or even advance beyond the first round?

Edited by AnotherCanucksFan
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

14 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

So is this the game that costs them the tank race?

And anyone getting excited again about the Canucks might think about last year where they went on a run where they still didn't make the playoffs. Is this really the team that's going to get us into the playoffs or even advance beyond the first round?

Can y'all just let us enjoy beating the Leafs ffs?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Baggins said:

Particularly players playing for their next contract or those playing to win a regular roster spot. Were I either of those I'd be utterly pissed at teammates not making any effort.

This is it.... 

The players are playing for their futures. Either as Canucks or with other teams. 
They can't afford to play to lose....

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, Tank4Bedard said:

Thats the ideal situation and then lose in the 1st round of the playoffs in 5 games where aqua gets 2 games of playoff revenue niceeee 

What are you talking about? 
When Petey reach playoff he will quantifie himself. 
Only the team that try to injure our stars have a chance to win.

But if Myers lays hits like the famous one here we won’t risk that.

Man that short handed goal and his OT goal against Blues is really showcasing Petterssons speed. He definitely worked on his skating cause he’s insanely fast now and getting stronger on his skates. Turning into a bonafide superstar. Love it

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, RWJC said:

I’d opine it’s a couple reasons:

Tocchet is a new coach and wants to endear himself to his players, some of whom are likely chasing nice little bonuses.

imho, he’s delicately balancing asserting control and system development, trying to elevate pride while at the same time understanding what’s at stake for some guys personally and financially. 

some players really thrive with high TOI. I think he’s just giving it to them until they show signs of needing to be reigned in a bit. It’s building trust. It’s good. 

I don’t think the players or coaching (to an extent) give a poop about the draft position. It has no bearing on the now, which is what they concentrate on most as a pro athlete.

Absolutely not....

They may be playing for another organisation or even not playing at all by the time drafted help may arrive. 
More importantly, they may lose their jobs to the drafted players, if they play poorly...

Turkeys never voted for Christmas... 

and professional athletes want to show case themselves as good players. It has a massive bearing on their future incomes. 

Finally the coach will get sacked if his team suck... He is coaching for his future as well...

Tocchet has been given almost half a season to teach the players new structured systems to play. They are hardly wasting that opportunity by sitting back and doing nothing. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Even team tank likes to beat the Leafs. :towel:

Tank is off when we play the team from the self anointed centre of the universe. It’s hard not to cheer for a team that works this hard, this diligently, but my oh my, I want the best shot we can get at Bedard. 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Same here,   knives are always out ,.  But we have each others back, and nobody comes between us :) 

Sounds like my youth. Magic times....

Folks often wondered, if we were friends, the way we argued, but we were shoulder to shoulder and remained friends...

8 hours ago, Metal Face Doom said:

First.

JT Miller was awesome. Petey was great.  Demko was lights out.

The core.

I have to say that was one of the most entertaining games in years.  Even in the first period - in which they were pretty flat - they otherwise stuck in and played hard to the end which was nice to see and undoubtedly Demko saved the game for them.  Nice to see him back in form again!

Good job Boys!    Now lets rest Demko and get back to losing for several more games.

• Cheers 2

8 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

Suck it Leafs. Enjoy your first round exit. :gocan:

Yea, they sure don't look like any threat - that's for sure.    I was expecting the calvary to blow thru town based on how much TSN and Sportsnet  were hyping the Leafs up for the last week - as the next coming of christ.  But WOW - what a flat bunch of overpaid pussycats they are!  They wouldn't stand a chance against Real hockey teams like the Bruins and Lightning. I guess the curse of '67 will continue forever for them.     

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

This is it.... 

The players are playing for their futures. Either as Canucks or with other teams. 
They can't afford to play to lose....

Unfortunately............................... you are 100% correct! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Yea, they sure don't look like any threat - that's for sure.    I was expecting the calvary to blow thru town based on how much TSN and Sportsnet  were hyping the Leafs up for the last week - as the next coming of christ.  But WOW - what a flat bunch of overpaid pussycats they are!  They wouldn't stand a chance against Real hockey teams like the Bruins and Lightning. I guess the curse of '67 will continue forever for them.     

They’ll never win anything with a garbage goaltender, and middling D

Literally the 1 indispensable asset is a top tier goalie 

all the other stuff doesn’t matter if your goalie is mediocre 

• Cheers 1