The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Vitali Kravstov signs with Traktor Chelyabinsk (KHL)

2 hours ago, mll said:

Would have to go through waivers to go to the AHL.  

Yeah that's right. 

I think he more than likely clears. 

He's about 2 years away from competing for a spot. He needs work on his defensive game and offensive confidence. 

1 hour ago, guntrix said:

When are we going to have an honest conversation about all these misses from this management?

Really want to see the Canucks win in my lifetime but I'm having my doubts. 

It's a bad trade in hindsight. There was way too much hype in the drafting pedigree.

Also, quite a few Ranger fans feel their prospect development is crappy, which includes Kratvsov.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

I kind of figured he was gonna go the way of Goldobin. Rangers fans on Reddit had nothing but good things to say about the news as well. Lol. Most said they knew it was coming, only one guy I seen said he was glad they didn't trade a star for nothing. Had no upvotes. So it definitely seems like most of them already knew he was a nothing burger before this news came out. It sucks to trade Lockwood and a 7th for a floater. But I won't cry too much, but this is why I am tired of taking other team's cast offs. They are cast offs for a reason.

It's clear he wasn't built for the NHL or for the grind. People blamed the Rangers for not developing him, and while they are bad at it. You can't develop a dude if he refuses to report to the AHL. Lol. Development is one part the team and one part the player actually willing to learn. Kravstov and Tryamkin are the types to run from hard work and paying their dues. Good riddance. Glad he is far away from Podkolzin, I still have hope for him.

• Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

It's a bad trade in hindsight. There was way too much hype in the drafting pedigree.

Also, quite a few Ranger fans feel their prospect development is crappy, which includes Kratvsov.

I got killed for saying this on reddit, I didn't like the trade at the time it was made either. We didn't need a project winger. We still have our own project wingers we want to develop. If Kravstov was a center or a d-man I would absolutely be okay paying the AHLer + long shot pick for him. It was a silly trade from the get-go imo. But like I said, it's not really a huge deal. It's just a waste of nothing assets and time.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Gurn said:

Please allow me to be the first person that says

"OMG we are losing all our elite 4 or 5th line players."

th?id=OIP.4131Jp_gYWQiAZNSNHxOwwAAAA&w=198&h=113&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&o=6&pid=3.1&rm=2
GIF

Already found someone on instagram whining about giving up a 7th a couple years down the road...:picard:

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, guntrix said:

When are we going to have an honest conversation about all these misses from this management?

Really want to see the Canucks win in my lifetime but I'm having my doubts. 

What? 

misses: 

stillman (free, in the Dickinson cap dump. Still managed to salvage a decent prospect - Bloom)

dermott (injury)

kravtsov (we lost a 7th rounder and an AHL player aaaaaaa)

management had a ton of hits, but you don’t think landing kuzmenko, a 40 goal scorer, for free, makes up for the above??

• Thanks 2
  • There it is 2

8 hours ago, R3aL said:

His summer just got a whole lot easier…

Haha, that was my thought too!

I was hoping he didn’t leave cause I once called him Krapsoft on here…realistically it probably had more to do with the coach impressing upon him how hard it was going to be to become a real player in his system.

As for me, back to my burgers and beers…

A point for consideration is the possible loss of Russian players who might return home as the course of the war in Ukraine evolves. I my experience with Russians is that they love their country despite who runs it. How deep does that patriotism run in many Russian NHL players? Of course the reverse can also be true as players want to keep their families away from the almost inevitable collapse of that country.

11 hours ago, Provost said:

Wait, didn’t half the forum have him pencilled into our top 6 as a way to make our current cap debacle work out?

I guess maybe more guaranteed money in the KHL than what the team was willing to offer in the AHL on a 2 way contract.

It was always a risk loosing him due to we had to have him play in AHL to be better suited for us.

He was definately not ready for a top 6 spot so it was either AHL or KHL.

The upside now is that we can sign another player.

You know, glass half full…

17 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

Good riddance. We need to stop being a dumping ground for projects like this.

My thought however is...

Why didnt we claim a guy like Vrana?

Kravy has never produced at an NHL level while Vrana has.

i feel like we need to take a shot at guys like that and then dump/ waive them if it doesnt work out.

• Cheers 1

This is probably for the best. And it’s likely in the Canucks’ best interests to retain his rights.

Kravtsov is only 23, so he won’t be UFA-eligible at the end of the 2 years. In the chance that he does really well in the KHL and wants to try the NHL again (like Nichushkin), those rights might be worth something at that point.

3 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

My thought however is...

Why didnt we claim a guy like Vrana?

Kravy has never produced at an NHL level while Vrana has.

i feel like we need to take a shot at guys like that and then dump/ waive them if it doesnt work out.

$5.25M cap hit, for a guy who hasn’t played hockey in ages. That’s a helluva risk.

St. Louis took a shot on him, but only after Detroit retained 50%.

3 minutes ago, D-Money said:

$5.25M cap hit, for a guy who hasn’t played hockey in ages. That’s a helluva risk.

St. Louis took a shot on him, but only after Detroit retained 50%.

Thats true

Hes pretty much like Boeser but with extended time off...