The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Multiple Players Will Not Extend in Calgary, Expected to be Traded

10 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

That's how I see it.

I look and see other teams like the Panthers going younger.Here we are but yet sign Miller long term.

I really think if we can get a good trade for him and make a deal or deals to get a player like Laf out of the NYR you just do it.

Keep the team young and make changes after.

It’s not good for the level of competition in general. Players wanting out like a mass exodus isn’t good for  “ our” game. Hockey in Canada is a religion Calgary can over come it , Winnipeg’s going to be harder. Expansion in the states seems easy.    Failure with certain Canadian teams only makes easier for bettman to justify it. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, chon derry said:

It’s not good for the level of competition in general. Players wanting out like a mass exodus isn’t good for  “ our” game. Hockey in Canada is a religion Calgary can over come it , Winnipeg’s going to be harder. Expansion in the states seems easy.    Failure with certain Canadian teams only makes easier for bettman to justify it. 

Totally agree.

Like I said in another post and it will not happen is this.

With revenue sharing a part should be tax si all players pay the same no matter where they play.

Caps will be equal and player will play more on every team.

20 minutes ago, chon derry said:

Screw the “game”. Players are human beings in the prime of their lives. If they want out of a place they don’t enjoy living in, let them. It’s their lives. Literally every second that passes is one less second that they’re alive. Why waste it when they have an opportunity to improve their situations?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, .Naslund said:

Screw the “game”. Players are human beings in the prime of their lives. If they want out of a place they don’t enjoy living in, let them. It’s their lives. Literally every second that passes is one less second that they’re alive. Why waste it when they have an opportunity to improve their situations?

How millennial of you. There was a time , not that long ago players players would abide their contract. But we live in an entitled world. A good example would have been Shane doan. Research his contract salary and term. 

• Cheers 2

Why do I get the feeling that their may be some serious issues in the locker room?

who's the current leadership base? first year with Kadri, Huberdeau and Weegar on the squad...

after supposedly replacing the losses of Tkachuk and Gaudreau with Huberdeau, Kadri and Weegar the flames are worse, fired the coach and now reported to have several very valuable players still wanting to leave?

There's sumfiing funky in that locker room/ roster.

Doesn't really imply that a pending UFA could be an issue though, Lucic, Lewis, Ritchie, Stecher and Stone will likely seek employment elsewhere.

that said, I'd be very happy if the Canucks could snag Lindholm/Toffoli/Anderson/ Zadorov for cheap cheap, take our lesser parts for your gooder parts, plz.

bb6+Beauvillier+ Garland, Myers & Bear rights:P

Kuzmenko Petey Toffoli 

Mikheyev Miller Podkolzin 

Hoglander Lindholm Digiuseppe 

Joshua Aman Studnicka 

Hughes Anderson 

Zadorov Hronek

Brisebois 

Please, Calgary? I'll be nice to Albertans if you do::D

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

It is a crappy, crappy arena. 
I think losing the guys they lost the way they did and then Sutter going full Sutter just messed with the psyche of the team. 

Losing garden gnome and upchuck never helped. That’s on traveling. But once again they wanted out to. American players too any coincidence ? 

32 minutes ago, .Naslund said:

Cry me a river, for crying out loud. These entitled little bitches don't have a friggin' clue what it's really like to have to face the realities of life, that most of us have to. 

I get it, their humans too, but quit being a sniveling punk ass bitch and act like a pro. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I think losing the guys they lost the way they did and then Sutter going full Sutter just messed with the psyche of the team. 

That’s why they overpaid Kadri and extended Weegar and Huberdeau to that behemoth deal before he set foot on the ice for them. 

Yes part of it was to replace the void left by Gaudreau and Tkachuk, but part of it was a psychological thing, they needed to prove that Calgary was still a place people wanted to play.

• There it is 1

28 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Wait, doesn't Alberta pay less taxes?

Don't they advertise how great it is to live and work there?

Apparently booze is really cheap there. So much so that people out of province are buying it online, paying shipping and still coming out way ahead dollar wise.

14 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Apparently booze is really cheap there. So much so that people out of province are buying it online, paying shipping and still coming out way ahead dollar wise.

Is it? Last time I was in Calgary it didn’t seem much cheaper. Maybe it’s just the store I was in.