The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Rangers re-sign K’Andre Miller

I can not recall but I believe this takes him to within 1 year of being a UFA or might actually put him out as a UFA.  While a sweetheart deal for sure for what he is doing and how he is progressing, it also means he has control over his destiny moving forward as he would have a single year of RFA status left or be an outright UFA.  On a deal that is very easily moveable.

Double edged signing for the Rags

Extremely cheap, even for a bridge deal. He knows he's about to come into his prime and get paid big-time afterwards. NYR would have been wise to throw a long term deal his way but maybe they were worried about the risk of it (for example 7x5 or 6M). He's big, physical, plays top pairing minutes all over the ice and dropped 40+ points last year so look out.

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I can not recall but I believe this takes him to within 1 year of being a UFA or might actually put him out as a UFA.  While a sweetheart deal for sure for what he is doing and how he is progressing, it also means he has control over his destiny moving forward as he would have a single year of RFA status left or be an outright UFA.  On a deal that is very easily moveable.

Double edged signing for the Rags

he has played 3 years and this is a 2 year deal.  So he has two more years to UFA.  I guess he is betting on himself to keep playing better and then cash in on an 8 year deal in 2 years...

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Wow! That is cheap. He is really good and just coming into his own. Must be straight to UFA years or makes no sense. 

Everyone is signing shorter deals banking on the cap going up, I assume.  A trend I hope continues, but surely wont

• elephant 1

Man I'd love to get K'andre on our team. 

Big, good skater and can play in both ends. I wonder if there could be a trade for him eventually if NYR can't get the cap freed up in time for him. Unfortunately, in two years we have the biggest chunk of the OEL penalty in effect, so would be hard for us too.