The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Coyotes sign Travis Dermott

6 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Hope he can earn an NHL spot.

But what a waste of another draft pick in acquiring him.

No point dwelling on it, he played well here when healthy it just didn’t work out. 

But you’re probably right, we’d probably be better off with Jordan Gustafson. :lol:

2 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

To be honest I totally forgot he was a Canuck

He was injured about 80% of the time he was here so understandable. Had a good finish to the season when acquired but couldn’t get/stay healthy after that though. 

2 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Hope he can earn an NHL spot.

But what a waste of another draft pick in acquiring him.

True enough but you can't let what you paid for a player in the past affect future decisions

Does a healthy Dermott make the Canucks this year?  Do they sign Cole or Soucy if he was healthy all along?  They are part of the Canucks desire to get bigger especially on the back end. Although Dermott is listed at 6'0" 205

It does seem as though Benning especially, rolled through a lot of players on what looked like a trial and error basis.  Do other teams turn over so many bottom 6 and bottom pair players?  I don't remember it happening to this degree.  I get that the present regime is turning over players in an effort to bring in non-core players who better suit their vision.  [I certainly hope that is what they're doing and not Bennings "chuck spaghetti against the wall and hope it sticks" approach]

1 minute ago, Crabcakes said:

True enough but you can't let what you paid for a player in the past affect future decisions

Does a healthy Dermott make the Canucks this year?  Do they sign Cole or Soucy if he was healthy all along?  They are part of the Canucks desire to get bigger especially on the back end. Although Dermott is listed at 6'0" 205

It does seem as though Benning especially, rolled through a lot of players on what looked like a trial and error basis.  Do other teams turn over so many bottom 6 and bottom pair players?  I don't remember it happening to this degree.  I get that the present regime is turning over players in an effort to bring in non-core players who better suit their vision.  [I certainly hope that is what they're doing and not Bennings "chuck spaghetti against the wall and hope it sticks" approach]

No, can't keep him just because we spent a 3rd. I wasn't hoping that we'd re-sign him anyway, he's not much of a difference maker.

I just don't like how many draft picks we continue to waste in scenarios such as this one. It's tiring seeing the same mistakes repeated over and over.

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Has he been cleared to play?  I thought he was still on LTIR...

If you look for him on Cap Friendly, he's listed on LTIR.  If he turns out to not be cleared it's a fool hardy move.

I thought Bear was safe until he is pronounced healthy.  Is it likely that he gets snapped up as a free agent healthy or not?

Edited by Crabcakes
  • Cheers 1