The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[DEBATE] Which player is the greatest disappointment in Vancouver Canucks history?

Rate this topic

Elias Pettersson

[DEBATE] Which player is the greatest disappointment in Vancouver Canucks history?  

232 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, cripplereh said:

I picked Hodgson but could also add Brock to the list so far big disappointment.

Cody was doing quite well until the muscular disease he has (Malignant Hyperthermia) started to impact him. So not an injury, like Brock suffered, to impact his play but a debilitating disease. 
A player who had all the physical gifts, and didn’t suffer a serious injury or have a debilitating disease that was craperolla was Virtanen. He is by far the most disappointing player we’ve had. 

Edited by Alflives
  • Cheers 4

Just now, shiznak said:

Every first round pick from the 89-98, aside from Ohlund.

Nedved was skilled. But he didn't have passion for the game. Still had a great career overall. Just not with Vancouver.

He was the most frustrating player I've ever seen. You know he had in him the ability to be a superstar. He just didn't want to put the effort in.

I think this is why I'm very leery of players who have oodles of skill. But I want to see drive and determination as well.

• Cheers 3
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, HC20.0 said:

I picked Krutov. There was so much hype and so many expectations around him when he came over from

Russia, only for him to come to the Canucks extremely out of shape. 

Yeah but Larionov and Bure far more than made up for it.

It wasn't Vancouver's fault Larionov had issues with the Russian Hockey Federation.

I just wish when he came back to the NHL he returned to Vancouver not San Jose then Detroit.

(When you look as his numbers for 93-94, 56 points in 60 games, and 18 points in 14 games in the playoffs, that might have been the one piece to put us over the top against  NYR. Cries)

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1