The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

@bree2

You might not like what they do, I'm not a big fan either. However it is what they get paid to do.

Draw attention to themselves, get people to remember who they are.

Big Daddy Pratt, a radio personality I never liked, did have a point about it. words to the effect of   "Love me or hate me, they are talking about me". 

"Apathy is the worst thing that can happen".

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

You guys are really taking the wrong part of my post here lol.

tbh if you said "crosby ovi thornton" or "crosby ovi stamkos" then I probably wouldn't have said anything but patrick kane is especially overrated imo.

Edited by Yung1
was gonna say something more derogatory towards patrick kane but i already got 1 strike on my account so i probably shouldn't

12 hours ago, Yung1 said:

He's an offense-only winger who has cracked 80 points just 5 times and 30 goals just 4 times over 13 years.

Very surface way of looking at it. He has a career 1.05 points per game.

He's one of the best wingers, if not, the best winger of the last decade and is definitely knocking on that top tier level.

Edited by MrCanuck94

1 hour ago, MrCanuck94 said:

He's one of the best wingers, if not, the best winger of the last decade and is definitely knocking on that top tier level.

Kane has had an incredible career, but he's not approaching "generational" by my definition. The only certain generational players of the last 15 years in my books are Crosby and Ovechkin, though McDavid is starting to knock on that door.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Kane has had an incredible career, but he's not approaching "generational" by my definition. The only certain generational players of the last 15 years in my books are Crosby and Ovechkin, though McDavid is starting to knock on that door.

Yeah sorry I didn't exactly mean it exactly as generational, a top tier franchise level talent. Felt Kane's talents were not being appreciated haha.

For me, Crosby is the only one who was truly a generational talent during during the past 2 decades because he's amazing at all facets of the game. McDavid seems like he'll be there soon, if not already, but his defensive game needs to be better.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, -AJ- said:

6 hours ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Yeah sorry I didn't exactly mean it exactly as generational, a top tier franchise level talent. Felt Kane's talents were not being appreciated haha.

For me, Crosby is the only one who was truly a generational talent during during the past 2 decades because he's amazing at all facets of the game. McDavid seems like he'll be there soon, if not already, but his defensive game needs to be better.

I'd easily take MacKinnon over McDavid personally.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Patrick kane isn't even the best player on his own team and that's just my 20 cents.

On September 20, 2020 at 10:55 AM, bree2 said:

no he was sold not traded

On September 20, 2020 at 10:55 AM, bree2 said:

no he was sold not traded

Last time I looked he Played for Edmonton, L.A,  Blues, NYR,...I think he was traded a few times? We talking same player? He was traded....

2 hours ago, wildcam said:

Last time I looked he Played for Edmonton, L.A,  Blues, NYR,...I think he was traded a few times? We talking same player? He was traded....

He was traded from Edmonton to LA mainly for financial reasons. Iirc he was then traded to St Louis as a trade deadline rental and finished his career after signing as a free agent with NYR. So I guess you could kinda say you're both right :-)

7 hours ago, J-P said:

He was traded from Edmonton to LA mainly for financial reasons. Iirc he was then traded to St Louis as a trade deadline rental and finished his career after signing as a free agent with NYR. So I guess you could kinda say you're both right :-)

Well we are talking about any player can be traded? Then it got taken to sold for money??

Players are trade in lots of case to make cap room? Its a trade and always will be? Player no longer fit into there plays either for money or player in return is a better fit?? 

Its a hockey trade...

Edited by wildcam

• 3 months later...

Not only did Brock find his shot, he found 51st in all-time Canuck scoring (and always good to see someone pass Messier).

50.  Tiger Williams LW 312 83 82 165
51.  Brock Boeser RW 198 77 86 163
52.  Orland Kurtenbach C 229 62 101 163
53.  Doug Halward D 324 45 118 163
54.  Moe Lemay LW 279 70 92 162
55.  Mark Messier C 207 52 110 162
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

10 hours ago, playboi19 said:

That looked like Allstar Game MVP/Accuracy Shooting record Boeser!

While it looks like Brock has improved his shot, I always knew he had that sniper’s DNA, and I expected him to get back to being a player with an elite goalscoring talent. What I did not expect was his improved skating. He doesn’t just look faster, he looks fast. Like “plus skater” NHL level fast, at times. There were moments when he actually looked like the best skater out there (of course, not when McD was on the ice). But several times, both on the rush, and the back check, he looked noticeably faster than the guys he was skating against. I can’t say I’ve ever really seen that from Boeser (unless his opponent was gassed). Hopefully he stays healthy, and whatever he’s doing, he keeps doing, because a Boeser with the shot to beat goalies clean, and the wheels to win foot races, is a player we really haven’t seen yet in Brock, and I’m really excited to see what he can do with these improved tools over the length of a season.

EDIT: He’s also just more mature in all elements of his game, and that’s something that’s been building for years. But his defensive commitment, strength on the puck, ability to see the ice, and read the play (at both ends), are all at a higher level as well. Boeser is growing into a very complete player, as he honed his natural gifts, while putting in the work to become efficient and effective in many of the elements of his game that were once seen as weaknesses.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
Added section and fixed typos
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1