The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

• 4 weeks later...

People were down on Bo recently but, honestly, I feel he just had to really feel the "right" to claim this team as his own despite being awarded the C.

There are sometimes dynamics in the room that factor in, especially when you have veterans in there and, possibly, a bit of a pecking order (at least mentally).

A comparison to the Sedins has been thrown out there in a negative context but, honestly, it's sort of a compliment to be compared to guys who lead with integrity and respect for not only the game, but others.  I'm sure some of that did wear off on Bo.    

This team likely also learned from last year to pace themselves a little bit...it's a long stretch and they ran out of gas.  Reserve some in the tank for "go time".  And it's go time.  We're seeing playoff Bo come to life and that's when the C matters most.

To be assigned "leader" of a group involves tact, timing and the ability to get people on board with you.  Bo is a quiet leader, sure...but that often speaks volumes.  He plays hard, is willing to do whatever is asked of him (look at last year!) and is laying the foundation for some really great things.

Go Bo!  

• Cheers 1

There is no reason to be down on Bo. He is quietly on pace for yet another career year, all the while being tasked with leading this team AND continuing to get some tough defensive assignments. (Though a healthy Sutter and Beagle help a lot in this regard). 

Our captain is and will be just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Look at what this absolute IDIOT at hf says when he authors a trade Horvat thread:

Just wondering what other teams would offer for Horvat? He was given the captaincy far too prematurely and has failed in that role. Adam Gaudette is knocking on the door and would be better in a 2nd line C role as opposed to where he is currently slotted.

What would other fans offer? I think Van needs a very good LD and/or a good 3rd line C to replace Gaudette's spot if he is bumped up.

What a freakin inbred goof lol. :picard:

#1 Horvat failed. Yea...ok diamonddog01 haha. Sniff glue much?

#2 Gaudette will be a better 2 C?  

Pathetic and embarrassing imo.

And then the SCMUCK says he wants a 3C for Horvat?  God that place needs to get burned down...figuratively of course. 

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2020 at 6:39 PM, Kanukfanatic said:

Look at what this absolute IDIOT at hf says when he authors a trade Horvat thread:

Just wondering what other teams would offer for Horvat? He was given the captaincy far too prematurely and has failed in that role. Adam Gaudette is knocking on the door and would be better in a 2nd line C role as opposed to where he is currently slotted.

What would other fans offer? I think Van needs a very good LD and/or a good 3rd line C to replace Gaudette's spot if he is bumped up.

What a freakin inbred goof lol. :picard:

#1 Horvat failed. Yea...ok diamonddog01 haha. Sniff glue much?

#2 Gaudette will be a better 2 C?  

Pathetic and embarrassing imo.

And then the SCMUCK says he wants a 3C for Horvat?  God that place needs to get burned down...figuratively of course. 

Ha.. just saw this, Bo has been getting a lot of flack recently with the captaincy. comes with the territory though I'm not worried about him.

The opponents know what's up ..

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Chicken. said:

Ha.. just saw this, Bo has been getting a lot of flack recently with the captaincy. comes with the territory though I'm not worried about him.

The opponents know what's up ..

Ekman Larson said some good things about him to