The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Petrus Palmu | RW/LW

Tomato Pajamas

10 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Your loosing it... 

My loosing what? My shoelaces?

5 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Either a lot of posters here like to troll me or they have a very serious lack of understanding. 

Actually, it's a lot more likely that it's you with the lack of understanding, and not literally everyone else that disagrees with your tiresome tirades driven by logic that is more full of holes than a truck full of swiss cheese.

I mean, I'm a big fan of Sweden and its hockey players too, but good lord, it's like you've been appointed the Minister of Hockey Propaganda

Also, as many others have said, the discussion should be about the player in the thread title - but you don't seem to understand this.

Edited by BrockBoester
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Sorry, I only watch the Canucks. 

I might get a peek at the World Juniors with Höglander. 

5 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Why make up such drama?? 

There is a very simple reason why I talk more about Dahlen than par example Madden. I know more about him through media at home. 

As with Loui. I read the articles in swedish and understood the interview a lot more than posters in NA that either misunderstood by themself or read an article from a journalist who couldn't translate properly. 

Either a lot of posters here like to troll me or they have a very serious lack of understanding. 

Make up your mind.  You seem to be confused - often.  Here is an article quoting Benning.  I trust Benning before Dahlen or you.  Can't wait for you to spin this.  

https://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-bulis/jonathan-dahlen-requested-trade-sent-to-san-jose-sharks-for-linus-karlsson-1.23645383

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Sorry, I only watch the Canucks. 

I might get a peek at the World Juniors with Höglander. 

yo  Linus Karlsson is a Canuck, if you think back you will remember he was traded for Dahlen.

And if you supposedly only watch the Canucks, why are you watching Dahlen anyway?

And finally why aren't we talking about Palmu in a Palmu thread?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Borvat said:

Make up your mind.  You seem to be confused - often.  Here is an article quoting Benning.  I trust Benning before Dahlen or you.  Can't wait for you to spin this.  

https://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-bulis/jonathan-dahlen-requested-trade-sent-to-san-jose-sharks-for-linus-karlsson-1.23645383

I've said it before. Benning saving face while sacrificing a young prospect to the wolfs isn' t someone I would trust. 

But, hey, you guys might be used to chicken bosses over there. 

37 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I've said it before. Benning saving face while sacrificing a young prospect to the wolfs isn' t someone I would trust. 

But, hey, you guys might be used to chicken bosses over there. 

Very true you have.  Dahlen will have much lower expectations from his team and easier competition.  Good fit. 

I do like my chicken bosses.  I guess playing in the relegation league in Sweden is the most direct way to the NHL. 

11 minutes ago, Borvat said:

guess playing in the relegation league in Sweden is the most direct way to the NHL. 

Well, he is a Shark now and of no interest for us here. He was a ppg player last time in Timrå. Now he is a 1.5ppg. Something did he pick up at Utica.

But I like him in Timrå and I hope he is allowed to stay the whole season and next one. 

Shall we talk about Palmu from now on? 

41 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Well, he is a Shark now and of no interest for us here. He was a ppg player last time in Timrå. Now he is a 1.5ppg. Something did he pick up at Utica.

But I like him in Timrå and I hope he is allowed to stay the whole season and next one. 

Shall we talk about Palmu from now on? 

Basically like playing in the ECHL at best - two levels below the NHL.  Everyone has been waiting for you here in the Palmu thread. Welcome back. 

No matter what level of skill he has, Palmu is still 5'6". Built like a fire hydrant but has skill to burn sure. 

Easy to cheer for. Yes. But he's a massive dark horse to make the NHL. 

Given the choice between who will make it, Palmu or Hoglander. I'd bet on Hoglander. He's got 2" and 12 pounds on Palmu. 

It's great to see guys overcome the odds. 

I just think the odds in Palmu's favor are very slim for the NHL. 

A lock for a team in Europe with the big ice. 

But he will be entertaining. 

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Well that's why I said for cheap. It depends on Dahlen if he wants to find another level to his game. If he is willing to return here then that opens up the possibility that he has accepted that he was in error in the past. Not saying it would work out, but I wouldn't be upset if it did happen and I'm willing to give him another shot if he's willing.

Did SJ release him outright or retain his rights? 

5 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Did SJ release him outright or retain his rights? 

Capfriendly shows that he's still signed for this season with SJ and the contract has a European assignment clause. He's a RFA next year, so they likely retain his rights.

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Might be for the best. If he takes another step forward next season in the Liiga it'll be hard for Benning not to sign him over here for a look in NA.

Palmu is signed already and was here, then bolted. Ever since he's been loaned to Europe. I'm not even sure he's been back for training camp since either. It doesn't seem like he's going to be back anytime soon if ever.

On 6/12/2020 at 9:52 PM, theo5789 said:

Palmu is signed already and was here, then bolted. Ever since he's been loaned to Europe. I'm not even sure he's been back for training camp since either. It doesn't seem like he's going to be back anytime soon if ever.

Not sure he "bolted" ..... he had known communications problems with Cull, and it didn't help that his buddy, Gadjovich, had trouble cracking the Utica line up that season (injuries, and indifferent play)  so a mutual decision was made that he would return to Finland.

But you are right, he wasn't invited to training camp last September, and I don't see him in Benning's future plans, so I doubt he will be resigned after his ELC expires 

On 6/12/2020 at 9:52 PM, theo5789 said:

Not a big loss if that's the case. No disrespect to him or anything, but I always think when a miscommunication happens, it's up to both parties to fix it. This includes Palmu.

• 2 weeks later...