The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How should the Sedins stay involved ?

cuporbust

What area would you like to see the twins help out in ?   

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Hey guys . Just wondering what  everyone thinks on the idea of Danny and hank joining management here? Posted a few ideas on how to keep them involved here, as I can't imagine to better guys to hire. 

Doesn't have to be a title , can just be specific things u would love to see them take on . 

For me , I'd like to see a new role created . Basically everything they did off ice as leaders . Make them hosts to new kids like Quinn Hughes I say. They did so much for the young guys we brought in already, I think they can do allot of that without putting skates on . Off ice captains of sorts . Be the guys to show the new players around , take them through how they prepared for games,  summer training,  ins and outs of being a pro.... things like that. 

Thoughts?

Maybe they can run a hot dog stand outside the stadium! 

4 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

They're pretty smart guys.  I would expect them to not want to be involved in anything hockey because the team has to find it's way without them. 

Let's not forget that they retired for family reasons.  Their kids are getting older and they want to give them all the support they can.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them remain involved with the charity work that they love so much. 

Agreed. For right now it’s about them “staying involved” with their families. They just retired and they should enjoy this time. No need to jump into a new career in some non-playing part of hockey. Plenty of time for that. And these are two very driven guys, so I’m sure the time will come when they decide they want to get back to work. But not yet.

8 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Hey guys . Just wondering what  everyone thinks on the idea of Danny and hank joining management here? Posted a few ideas on how to keep them involved here, as I can't imagine to better guys to hire. 

Doesn't have to be a title , can just be specific things u would love to see them take on . 

For me , I'd like to see a new role created . Basically everything they did off ice as leaders . Make them hosts to new kids like Quinn Hughes I say. They did so much for the young guys we brought in already, I think they can do allot of that without putting skates on . Off ice captains of sorts . Be the guys to show the new players around , take them through how they prepared for games,  summer training,  ins and outs of being a pro.... things like that. 

Thoughts?

I've been saying since the word was out that they were retiring,  "Professional Development Coaches."... teaching the young guys the work and dedication it takes to be a professional in the NHL .

The Godfather role! They are the main guests at team functions! They keep in touch with the kids, help and guide them through the struggles as leaders. 

Have them as the detacto team guardians. They help with guidance for kids and leadership issues, help host events, and become semi regulars during long home stretches.  Have them around maybe once every 3-4 weeks. not to much where the kids cant have the room but enough where their presence and experience can help the next generation.

Charity and PR like Linden was used for and then hired on as. 

But please, nothing to do with player development! as Twin Power ESP is not teachable. Honestly, I’m done with their play, unpopular as that is on here. Time for a new identity and culture. 

CA2E21C3-8C4D-4596-8361-81433120C89D.gif.28a6e7338dfaab8ac8a0d8b17c3ec723.gif

237F1D78-7344-489A-BC96-9436C0F95875.gif.26f795e4f2298d90083981e385117c2f.gif

69B1A500-4215-49AD-83B7-BC6F9A18032A.gif.a595baae553216e30e2a7d8b4b87a6ce.gif

Enough. 

1 hour ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Charity and PR like Linden was used for and then hired on as. 

But please, nothing to do with player development! as Twin Power ESP is not teachable. Honestly, I’m done with their play, unpopular as that is on here. Time for a new identity and culture. 

CA2E21C3-8C4D-4596-8361-81433120C89D.gif.28a6e7338dfaab8ac8a0d8b17c3ec723.gif

237F1D78-7344-489A-BC96-9436C0F95875.gif.26f795e4f2298d90083981e385117c2f.gif

69B1A500-4215-49AD-83B7-BC6F9A18032A.gif.a595baae553216e30e2a7d8b4b87a6ce.gif

Enough. 

you cherry picked this crap?  my gosh, get a life. 

So the only answer for this in my opinion is, “whatever they want to do.”  If I was in their shoes I’d go home spend time with my wife and kids. Take the occasional visit to children’s hospital where a bunch of great people and friends are. I’d buy seasons tickets and watch the next core evolve. When my kids are a little older and I’m feeling a bit bored cherry pick whatever position I want at the time.

The Sedins have earned their retirement, their place in Canucks history, the hall of fame and and we will all be extremely lucky if they choose to grace us with any more of their time. 

Archived