The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour - Kypreos) If Tavares chooses Toronto, chances are Nylander lands in Vancouver for Tanev

Xbox

23 minutes ago, oldnews said:

he hasn't been traded yet, so what's to say - his trade value is yet undetermined, so....there are lots of factors to consider in assessing trade value - that you believe injury will 'severely hurt his trade value' isn't any more proven than the idea that what the player is capable of will actually define his trade value. 

In then end, it would probably be a sum of factors that determine his value - and injuries alone are not going to result in Tanev being moved to a lowballer dwelling on puck injuries.

Yeah and a HUGE part of this is due to the Canucks not being able to get fair market value for him yet.    I can't help you if you don't think his injury history is currently hurting his trade value.    Not really even sure what you wrote - or why you wrote it?  

I was stating that his trade value is currently lower than it would be if he didn't have the injury concerns that he did  - and that our fans (like most fans do) tend to overvalue their players - which is currently the case with Tanev - atm other GM's aren't willing to pay what we think he is worth due to his injury history - which IMO is a valid concern.

5 minutes ago, Toews said:

Dubas on keeping Nylander, Marner, Matthews: ‘We can, and we will’

Think we can lay this one to rest. I have always held the position that we should be targeting futures especially a top D prospect. 

Edit: Beaten by a minute.

I'd like to see Dubas' look when he can't

Is Matthews going to take a paycut? What about Marner and Nylander? Hometown discounts? 

I think Matthews is going to want at least what Tavares is getting. 

Marner probably, after posting 61 points in his rookie season, and then 69 in his second season, is probably going to want at least 6-7 million. 

Nylander? 61 + 61 points in his second and third seasons. He's going to want at least 6 million, if not more. 

Their stars will want to get paid. 

8 minutes ago, Toews said:

Dubas on keeping Nylander, Marner, Matthews: ‘We can, and we will’

Think we can lay this one to rest. I have always held the position that we should be targeting futures especially a top D prospect. 

Edit: Beaten by a minute.

Does Dubas think it's the NBA? No way they keep them. If they do they will have pennies to pay their D! Good luck! 

Clearly Dubas thinks he can win with Matthews, Nylander, Marner, and Tavares. Does depth even matter? We'll find out. If I were to spitball what they are worth Matthews (10 Mil - Eichel dollars I reckon), Nylander and Marner (6-7mil - Pastrnak dollars), and Tavares is obviously making 11mil. 33-35 million dollars, give or take, for 4 players. They are pretty solid in net with a 5mil hit for Andersen for the next 3 years. We could be friendly and assume over the next 2-3 years the cap is around 85 million. Leafs' fans are pretty confident this can all work out on ELCs and such. We'll see how it goes.

I'd take Rasanen + 2019 1st rounder for Tanev. Probably an overpayment on their end but lets be real, I am a Canuck fan and I demand full price for Tanman. We'll throw them Gagner with 50% cap retained too.

31 minutes ago, Scottyboi said:

There’s no way they sign all three with Tavares contract plus Gardiner up next year one will be traded for defencemen or there god awful defence will stop them from winning anything 

Zaitsev + Horton for Boychuk (retained) + Pulock incoming...

2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Two more "meh" assets, one which requires waivers, when we are already overloaded and need to move a couple out.  We need substance -- picks, prospects or a real legit dman in return, and they don't have the latter.

I'd happily move those or other assets immediately after the trade myself.  That's the reason for it.

Sportsnet put this out on Facebook as well, the Dubas says we will keep them.  I posted exactly why that was not possible.  even posted the link to cap friendly and people immediately jumped up and down like show ponies to claim why their GM was better than everyone else while avoiding explaining what their defence will look like, or their bottom 6 or how they'll be able to do it.

There's little doubt that two of those assets could be parlayed in to a better asset or for picks coming in to the 2019 draft.

6 minutes ago, hateleafs said:

Helps having cap man Gilman on your team. He finds them loopholes 

I don't think Gilman is going to be able to convince Matthews, Marner, or Nylander to take on team friendly, hometown discount deals. He was able to do that in Vancouver because the team all bought in. Hell, the Sedins were making $6M each and winning NHL awards, while Kesler was winning a Selke and earning $5+M.

Tavares making $11M a year isn't going unnoticed by agents. Gilman's "magic" won't help them now.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I don't think Gilman is going to be able to convince Matthews, Marner, or Nylander to take on team friendly, hometown discount deals. He was able to do that in Vancouver because the team all bought in. Hell, the Sedins were making $6M each and winning NHL awards, while Kesler was winning a Selke and earning $5+M.

Tavares making $11M a year isn't going unnoticed by agents. Gilman's "magic" won't help them now.

Especially with a new CBA on the horizon.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

I'd happily move those or other assets immediately after the trade myself.  That's the reason for it.

Sportsnet put this out on Facebook as well, the Dubas says we will keep them.  I posted exactly why that was not possible.  even posted the link to cap friendly and people immediately jumped up and down like show ponies to claim why their GM was better than everyone else while avoiding explaining what their defence will look like, or their bottom 6 or how they'll be able to do it.

There's little doubt that two of those assets could be parlayed in to a better asset or for picks coming in to the 2019 draft.

Sure, but we already have extra assets to dispose of.  Rather get pieces we actually WANT and NEED instead of being a dumping ground to help out Canada's Team, taking whatever THEY happen to want to send us.  If they want Tanev, they have to give us what we want in return or fine, go shop elsewhere.

3 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I'd like to see Dubas' look when he can't

Is Matthews going to take a paycut? What about Marner and Nylander? Hometown discounts? 

I think Matthews is going to want at least what Tavares is getting. 

Marner probably, after posting 61 points in his rookie season, and then 69 in his second season, is probably going to want at least 6-7 million. 

Nylander? 61 + 61 points in his second and third seasons. He's going to want at least 6 million, if not more. 

Their stars will want to get paid. 

They can,  but their defense will continue to be garbage.  The one guy they had last your capable of actually playing defense at an NHL level was Polak.  Gardiner and Reilly can add offense, but both are massive liabilities in their own zone.  If Kyle Dumbass actually thinks keeping all these soft offensive players who float around in the playoffs is a good idea, the Leafs are in a heap of trouble.

Archived