The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Michael Carcone to Maple Leafs for Josh Leivo

23 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Is he not 6’2. 192 lbs?  That’s about the size of Henrik - I hardly see a guy that size giving us a taste of what Gadjovich might bring.

183lbs for Hank.  Gadj won't be making the NHL for a few years yet, so I doubt Leivo will even be around.

Leivo is an upgrade over Leips in pretty much all areas besides skating.  Unfortunately, once again the Comets lose a player in all this.

1 hour ago, Boone Jenner said:

Really feel that with Leivo could give us a glimpse of what Gadjovich could be for us years down the road. Love this trade he's got the size to complement our speed on the team and can work his frame on the boards and a shot to complement that size. Hope he brings that same drive and passion that he played with when he was rocking the leafs sweater. One thing I've been reading is he loved being a leaf more then anyone on that team.

Well, let's hope is hockey sense is better than his common sense.

5 minutes ago, gregthehockeynut said:

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/player/8688

Hockey News lists Leivo at 210, this drops Gaunce another notch down the depth chart as well.

I like Gaunce's defensive play and work ethic, too bad he couldn't find his offence at the NHL level.

This might be the end of the road for Gaunce with this team.

Seems like the perfect player to have and keep in Utica though. Seems to do decent in the A, but the NHL is a whole different ball game. I wouldnt be opposed to just having him as AHL depth going forward

31 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

when Beartschi comes back, i would like to see lineup to spread the scoring around. 

Beartschi - Horvat - Boeser

Leivo - Pettersson - Goldobin

Roussel - Sutter - Virtanen

Granlund - Beagle - Eriksson

Beartschi is 5 concussions into his career ,i doubt we see him anytime soon.He should be placed on ltir for now free up a bit of cap for TDL signing trade potential.

I would like to see Virtannen moved back to left wing on temporary basis until picture clears up.jake on Horvat,s left wing seems so logical right now. Jake has played left wing in past . they could continue to audition an groom other players on right wing/ center.

8 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Let's be real, Carcone was never going to become a Canuck. He's a RW, which the Canucks have plenty of. Leivo helps the left side and he's got some size (4 inches taller and 25 heavier than Carcone). Does he have some speed? His NHL stats aren't anything to write home about, but maybe this change of scenery will help him?

I wonder what his thoughts are: He's from Ontario, was a Maple Leaf, who are poised to go deep in the playoffs this year, and now he's been traded to a bottom feeding team out west.

I hope he's a pro about it and gives it his all here. 

Ferraro was saying that he was a healthy scratch 70 times last season.  Babcock doesn't like Leivo

Good shot, good on the wall, not the best skater (adequate skating was the word I heard)

We'll see but honestly, this is an awesome opportunity for Leivo.  I would think he would be pretty excited.

Longer term, I imagine he's competing with Schaller for bottom 6 LW.  He's a right handed LW

6 minutes ago, bobbyg43 said:

Beartschi is 5 concussions into his career ,i doubt we see him anytime soon.He should be placed on ltir for now free up a bit of cap for TDL signing trade potential.

I would like to see Virtannen moved back to left wing on temporary basis until picture clears up.jake on Horvat,s left wing seems so logical right now. Jake has played left wing in past . they could continue to audition an groom other players on right wing/ center.

Not how LTIR works - Canucks have cap space.  Even Dorsett is not on LTIR.

Baertschi is back skating -  see the injury thread for updates.    

Have not been a Gagne fan, but I see the shaping up of his game! Goldy has the most to lose by this move as I can't see him sticking in the top 6 simply because, he seems to try and force low percentage plays costing valuable zone time. After Saturdays game and Ian Mac talking about the Canucks only having 1 top 6 winger in Boeser and Baer on the way making it two, I am not surprised by a new face. I doubt it stops here! I watched three games with my eye on EP! And I noticed Goldy's ability to not pass to EP stand out like a sore thumb! Your going to play on a top line you better use the players your with!  

Is Goldy a bottom 6 guy? I am seeing the end of Goldys try-out. He might have 5 or 6 games to get things going. But I think its over as of now. And barring injury he doesn't see ice with EP again!

This year is about growing the young talent and seeing if any of the young vets have anything. Leipsic didn’t have anything and we have a huge hole on Left wing currently. 

Throw him in for the year and see if something there. Would be nice to have a little size on Pettey’s wing. Not sure Goldy works on his wing when Brock in other wing. 

Goldy could add an element that Bo and Jake don’t have.  

Throw it in the blender.  See if anyone steps forward. 

As Beagle and Sutter come back players will really need to step up to keep a spot. 

15 minutes ago, mll said:

Canucks' roster page has him with #17.

Awesome,

I have a signed Kesler sweater that I have put masking tape over the name and then added the next player to wear that number in jiffy marker. Each time.

So, it's quite built up now...Kesler taped over  for Vrbata then again for Rodin, now I get to add another layer and tape over Dowd to add Leivo. 

5 players to wear that number since 2014 

Archived