The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 20 Thread

goalie13

12 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

Can you set it up with CPU vs CPU so you can watch a game?

I believe you can, but I don't own this year's edition, so I can't guarantee it.

Also, has there been an update with the Corona virus in it? Maybe Suspend a Season will be a game mode for 2021 :P

3 hours ago, gmen81 said:

Is there a way to create a bunch of people and get them all on the same team in franchise mode? 

Yeah, create your players, then create your team, then assign created players to your custom team via player movement, or the create a player edit screen

Edit: your players will be found in the 'Free Agents' category in player movement.

Edited by Chickenspear

8 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Now that you guys have had the game for a few months, what's the verdict? I need something to do. As tempting as it is to watch Arrested Development or The Office for a sixth time, I think I'd like to try something else.

I like it.  But then, I've never had a single NHL Hockey edition I didn't like.  And I only play franchise, so I may not be the best person to rate the experience on.

1 minute ago, goalie13 said:

I like it.  But then, I've never had a single NHL Hockey edition I didn't like.  And I only play franchise, so I may not be the best person to rate the experience on.

I play Franchise almost exclusively (haven't played in 2-3 years though) with the odd venture into Online Vs, 3's, etc. 90% Franchise Mode though.

3 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I play Franchise almost exclusively (haven't played in 2-3 years though) with the odd venture into Online Vs, 3's, etc. 90% Franchise Mode though.

Considering you can get it for as little as $25 (Best Buy) I would say it's low risk.  The expansion mode in franchise is worth it alone.

• Thanks 1

On 3/17/2020 at 2:39 PM, Sean Monahan said:

Now that you guys have had the game for a few months, what's the verdict? I need something to do. As tempting as it is to watch Arrested Development or The Office for a sixth time, I think I'd like to try something else.

It's "ok". I've owned every single NHL game since they first started (save NHL 15 or 16). However, I find that it's great now, considering there's no real hockey. I've been jumping into CHEL for the first time. I exclusively play Franchise, but I thought "What the hell." People quitting mid game is excruciating, though. Effing quitters.

That said, seasons 1-3 of Arrested Development and The Office (up until Andy takes over) is pretty much the best thing. If I were you, if you haven't already done so, just watch Parks & Rec.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I was so happy on the day that James Cybulski got taken off TV so I’d never have to watch another baseball highlight package and hear him yell “PEACEEEE” every time a home run was hit. 

It’s all come home to roost now. He’s on this god dam game. F*** me. 

For many years, I've been simply turning the commentary off on this game because it got too annoying to hear them repeat the same lines over and over again.

• Cheers 2

On 3/21/2020 at 10:36 AM, Sean Monahan said:

I was so happy on the day that James Cybulski got taken off TV so I’d never have to watch another baseball highlight package and hear him yell “PEACEEEE” every time a home run was hit. 

It's worse when Snoop Dogg shows up. It's the same lines over and over...

"He's the great one, I'm the greater one"

"Whaddup PK Subban?"

• Haha 1

On 3/13/2020 at 10:34 AM, goalie13 said:

Can you set it up with CPU vs CPU so you can watch a game?

You can but it's the worse sports game to watch, plus you got to unpause it every intermission.  The best game for this and i encourage everyone to buy is NBA2k - the game is incredible.  It's the best sports game on the market.  NBA2k > MLB:The Show > Madden > NHL.

On 3/21/2020 at 10:36 AM, Sean Monahan said:

To make it even worse it's like they pitch shifted his voice.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2020 at 4:44 AM, smokes said:

Huge deal on the Playstation store, I like collecting cards and trading so I'm starting to like their HUT most

I just got PS like two weeks ago. I've been going nuts in their HUT mode. :)