The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tyler Myers to Vancouver

7 minutes ago, rekker said:

True enough. Got some fugly ones. 

One. And a few, short term, inconsequential 'meh' ones.

They also have Horvat and Edler's extensions and traded for the lovely hit Miller has.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Vanisleryan said:

How many points would TM need to get next season to make people feel okay if we signed him to a 7 x 7 agreement? Keep in mind he's only had over 40 once in his rookie year.... This alone should scare the hell out of you. 

Don't care about points, I want someone who can defend and prevent goals.  I don't think offense is going to be a major issue this year, if they can stay healthy.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Vanisleryan said:

Health hasnt been an issue for the last 2 years, but 7 million for 30 point defenseman... Gross 

Ya. Its not ideal but when you fail to draft and develop your own this is what happens. If Meyers is out mainstay for years, Eddy for a bit, Hughes can be Hughes, Stetch, Woo, Rathbone, OJ. Some hoping in there but it's a start. 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

We aren’t getting Myers for that.  We aren’t getting Gardiner for that either.  

The term will be 6 or 7 years.  The cap will be 7 to 8 million.  

I bet 7 mill per over 5 years.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Don't care about points, I want someone who can defend and prevent goals.  I don't think offense is going to be a major issue this year, if they can stay healthy.

Since 2011 our defensemen haven’t scored more than 34 pts and our offense has struggle.  Offense start with strong D and good breakout/puck movement. We don’t necessarily need a Karlsson (although we can’t ask Hughes to do it alone either) but we do need better puck movement from our back end.

so if you do want to fully take advantage of our firepower upfront we do need to upgrade the backend.

I'll go as far as $5.75M for 5 years...if he wants more, then pass and go hard to bring Tryamkin back a year earlier for $3M per for 2 years to "a show me contract"...signing bonus to support Tryamkin buying his existing contract. 

JB needs to lose the fixation of the "kid in a candy store"...he should not over pay for Myers.

Edited by Pete M

4 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Since 2011 our defensemen haven’t scored more than 34 pts and our offense has struggle.  Offense start with strong D and good breakout/puck movement. We don’t necessarily need a Karlsson (although we can’t ask Hughes to do it alone either) but we do need better puck movement from our back end.

so if you do want to fully take advantage of our firepower upfront we do need to upgrade the backend.

Agree on puck movement, no question.  But, they don't need to focus on offense generated by dmen, I think the fwd group will be a higher scoring group than last year, if they can stay healthy.  I'm not saying offense from the backend isn't important, I just don't think they should go points shopping.  A good two way RHD should be the ideal.

17 minutes ago, Pete M said:

I'll go as far as $5.75M for 5 years...if he wants more, then pass and go hard to bring Tryamkin back a year earlier for $3M for 2 years to "a show me contract"...signing bonus to support Tryamkin buying his existing contract. 

JB needs to lose the fixation of the "kid in a candy store"...he should not over pay for Myers.

Keep dreaming.   Market value isn't even 5.75 for him.  Elite defenseman or forwards are going for 9.5-11 per.  Next tier between 8-9 per.  Then next tier is 6-7.5  That's where Myers is at.  

Edited by Metal Face Doom