The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Injuries] Canucks Injuries 2019/20

Rate this topic

86Viking

30 minutes ago, costanza7 said:

Benning was the only GM out of 31 that offered him a contract by several reports. That is why the # was so low.

If you think this was a good signing ....remind me never to hire you to run my business.

I heard different. I heard that many teams offered him 2 and 3 years. We're the only one that offered him 4.

• Cheers 2

On 8/7/2020 at 2:36 PM, FlyLow_ said:

I hate this no info crap, what the hell is going on with all our injured forwards!!

Heard on radio 1040 that Gaudette took AM warm up on day of game 4. So he should be ready to go. 

I like the current lineup.  Gaudette can play if needed. There will be injuries. Depth is essential. 

OJ looked good too. Even if Benn does return.  He might earn a spot above Fantenberg or Benn. Again, depth is great. We need all hands on deck. 

Edited by Jaimito

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Heard on radio 1040 that Gaudette took AM warm up on day of game 4. So he should be ready to go. 

I like the current lineup.  Gaudette can play if needed. There will be injuries. Depth is essential. 

OJ looked good too. Even if Benn does return.  He might earn a spot above Fantenberg or Benn. Again, depth is great. We need all hands on deck. 

I would be okay with Gaudette on the third or fourth line in place of MacEwan if we need more offense.

On 8/6/2020 at 8:27 AM, costanza7 said:

Ferland is done...take the $$ our knucklehead GM gave you and enjoy your life while it's still possible

Hopefully, Dumbos learned his lessons and wont be giving out 3-4 million contracts to bottom 6 players.

28m in our bottom 6?

Need to find the McEwens  etc...Hopefully, Lind can win a spot soon.

Hogs and Podz should fill a couple spots for next few yrs.

Erix,Beagle,Sutter,Ferland,Roussel.Pearson all need to be gone ASAP

24M of easily replaceable old baggage.

(Absolutely amazing to me that our GM still has a job)

Get Jake on a cheap contract...

At worst he's a very serviceable top 6 winger during the Reg season...

Has had flashes w/both Petey and Bo.

Hopefully, this team has enough talent to reach the point where every game isn't do or die and his inevitable gaffs aren't as critical.

Need to hang on to guys like Madden,McCann to fill 3rd-4th center spots.

Gaudette may still fill the 3rd role.

,,,,,,,,,,,ARE YOU BACK SOBER AGAIN?

6 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I would be okay with Gaudette on the third or fourth line in place of MacEwan if we need more offense.

Why? AG looked ineffective and outmatched while ZM has taken the ball and ran with it. 

Edited by reyezone
Grammar
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, reyezone said:

Why? AG looked ineffective and outmatched while ZM has taken the ball and ran with it. 

He was tasked with playing center against a deep team in his first playoffs. A lot easier to look effective as a winger.

My guess is he gets a look at wing at some point. Much less defensive responsibilities.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

So we're one top-6 forward (Toffoli), 3 bottom-6 forwards out (Leivo, Ferland, Gaudette) and two bottom-6 defencemen down (Benn, Fantenberg).

Hopefully we can inject some of these guys into the first round series at some point to give our team a boost. Not sure about how other teams injuries are looking so far to be honest but I'm sure they'll rack up after this re-start.