The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks VS Kings, October 30, 2019 -- "Don't Lose to a Team Like That!" Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

24 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

Ok tonight it begins, the true test of where we are at, To make the playoffs we need to take more points off of the California teams then we let get away. Three games means 6 points up for grabs.Take 4 of them and we are on the way. This is where we want to be. The team should be motivated against Doughty and his big mouth. Just play the way we have been playing and lets get the W.

LA is no longer a true test of anything. Anaheim is, from a goaltending perspective, and from a physical one. San Jose, while having a decent forward corps, and some excellent defensemen, are sieves in goal.

I won't be shocked if the Canucks sweep the trip.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

LA is no longer a true test of anything. Anaheim is, from a goaltending perspective, and from a physical one. San Jose, while having a decent forward corps, and some excellent defensemen, are sieves in goal.

If they sweep those 3 games they will/could secure a playoff berth. That sounds out of line but a solid start like that can establish the type of confidence that can carry thru the season. IMHO there is much more offence still buried in that roster. Winning like this gives Hughes a much easier intro to the NHL. Winning allows Jake more TOI with Horvat and maybe creates that breakout we have all hoped for. Combine all this with the depth in Utica that can be called on if needed. Love it! 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I wouldn’t be shocked either, but California almost always plays us tough for whatever reason.    LA will come at us hard as well since we completely humiliated them last time, while Anaheim has some decent weapons.   San Jose are still figuring things out, but they aren’t that far off from being an excellent team again.    

This won’t be an easy road trip, but I think the Canucks will be up for the challenge.

5 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

If they sweep those 3 games they will/could secure a playoff berth. That sounds out of line but a solid start like that can establish the type of confidence that can carry thru the season.

That doesn't sound out of line at all, Boudrais. If the Canucks continue the solid start and bring their fast, relentless forecheck coupled with the skill they possess, and continue to maintain their physicality, they'll benefit greatly from it, as they are, at the very least, on par with all three California teams right now.

IMHO there is much more offence still buried in that roster.

Far more than either LA or Anaheim possess presently. San Jose, while having the roster capable of depth scoring, seem to be having glaring issues in their play right now.

Winning like this gives Hughes a much easier intro to the NHL. Winning allows Jake more TOI with Horvat and maybe creates that breakout we have all hoped for. Combine all this with the depth in Utica that can be called on if needed. Love it! 

The chemistry is clicking on each line, and the defense is looking great. Both goaltenders are capable of closing the door too.

It is awesome.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

I wouldn’t be shocked either, but California almost always plays us tough for whatever reason.    LA will come at us hard as well since we completely humiliated them last time, while Anaheim has some decent weapons.

LA came hard ( tumblr_n3fimjrU4o1st03tqo1_400.gif ) at points in the last game, but Vancouver had, and has, the roster to play and dole out the physical game. And the horses for a speed and skill game.

San Jose are still figuring things out, but they aren’t that far off from being an excellent team again.

They're not getting anywhere with the goaltending duo they have.

This won’t be an easy road trip, but I think the Canucks will be up for the challenge.

It's not half as daunting as it was 4 years ago.

Id say this game is more about getting it done and not underestimating the oposition. nucks are better and got a first line to fear for any oposition with petey being the new magic man, miller a playmaker that can score and Brock being the natural sniper. Hoping for a good start to the roadtrip!:emot-parrot:

4-3 if simply getting it done.....but im guessing 5-2 seems more likely based on the teams current status. 

Brock, petey, Huggy bear, Jake, Leivo with the goals.