The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Toronto Maple Leafs at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 10, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, billabong said:

Canucks played well enough to win

Anderson played great and won them the game

hughes with coverage problems on the tavares goals but that’s gonna happen with rookies

god we all hope it’s not another concussion for ferland he was playing great and looked like the guy we thought we signed in the first place 

The one was on Hughes, the other missed coverage was definitely Bo's issue. Coasted when Tavares had a walk into the slot. Bo played like crap defensively tonight. 

Leivo was our best player. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Kushman said:

I'm a big brock fan but his shot has not looked even close to what it was in his rookie year. I expected that his sophomore year would be a bit off considering the wrist surgery and back injury but I was hoping that this season we would see that same lethal shot that had people listing him as one of the leagues deadliest snipers. It just hasn't happened. Yes, he's improved in other parts of his game.. On the defensive end, board work, but his primary tool (his wicked shot) is nowhere to be found.   to his credit, hes still putting up close to a point per game, I just wish we could see that same bullet of a shot that handcuffed goalies and made Goalies like Murray look silly. His whole rookie year is a highlight reel of beauty snipes, in the last two seasons they've become few and far in between. 

Still believe in brock, he's a good kid, just starved for some of those beauty bar down snipes we saw in year 1

A lot of those beauties were on the PP, but he's not being utilized on the PP the same way. Almost non-existent on it.

I think he should be moved to Bo's line, they work good together, but fans won't like it cause he's putting up points...

1 hour ago, Stelar said:

Good: Hughes, Leivo, Pearson

Decent: Meyers, Horvat, Boeser *because of the breakaways*

Invisible: everyone else.  #whereisEP 

Really? Bo had a bad game (couldn't score on a breakaway and he failed to shoot on 2 grade A chances, missed Tavares as his assignment on his second goal and EP was all over the ice. What are you watching? 

• Upvote 2

It's really one of those, take the positives out of this and move on.  The Canucks clearly out played the laffs in pretty much every aspect of the game according to this.

http://naturalstattrick.com/game.php?season=20192020&game=20481

according top this when Quinn Hughes was on the ice, we outshot them 22-10.  

We literally ragged dolled these clowns and we mange to lose 4-1.  hope this team can rebound. we are all of a sudden 4 points out of the playoff spot, its rather quite disappointing.

I thought this was one of Bo's bad games. He was hyped up to go against Tavares and it just went on to prove that Tavares is a world class player.  Sometimes wish he would be more physical like Linden was.

EP was fine. He was tightly checked and still controlled and moved the puck well. He was matched up against Matthews and for the most part, neutralized that line if not dominating the play.

Hughes was great as usual except for defensive coverage. But also, this is Tavares, who is a world class player.

Boeser was noticeable and moved the puck well for the most part. If he capitalized on one of two breakaways, the game is going to OT. Somehow, I feel like his shot is not as heavy as it used to be.

For the first time this season, I didn't like Miller's body language. Aside from the ENG, I noticed that he tried a bit too hard at times. And he looked frustrated at times.

Toronto's player that surprised me a bit was Holl. He had 2 assists but also played a solid defensive game.

I think this was one of those games where we had to crash the net to beat Anderson and play a physical game to make it tough on their D. It reminded me of 2011 SCF, we were taking 30+ shots, some were high grade chances but the goalie was hot. But unlike 2011 Boston's defence that protected the paint really well, Toronto's defence seemed vulnerable to crashing the net game. Case in point is Leivo's goal. We just decided not to crash the net or we just don't know how to play that style of game. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

We didn't have any luck tonight. Either that or our stars don't have any confidence shooting. 

I really believe our team benefits to slow down the tempo. Drag down the other team, not the opposite. 

Now it's mostly missed passes, shots etc that makes our stars loose confidence and doubt their ability. 

Why play a game only our gritty players benefits from? 

Play a more dynamic style where the team play both with gritty speed and slow it down and play more. 

Thoughts of the game

1. Tavares is the example of a veteran elite player and where we hope ours get to.

2. I did not like Pearson's lack of try on the 3rd goal

3. I am not mad at Miller for his attempt at the break out and the resulting goal

....he wanted to be the guy to carry it out of the zone

4. 3 breakaways!!!! ….."3".....god is Toronto's defense bad!

5. As everyone has said......Andersson stole the game....we did not loose it

6. I thought we had good speed tonight

7. I am out of beer :picard:

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, HockeyHarry said:

Sister dropped by and none stopped talking about her stupid life problems, meanwhile I can only get glimpses of the game and score.

Sister was blah blah blahing......not sure which is worse a princess sister nonstop blah blah whining or the Leafs winning. It’s close but I think my sister is worse then the Leafs win.

Overall a Horrible night 

ill trade my sister too anyone for a hockey bag of pucks....or best offer.

go Canucks Goo 

Maybe we could hook her up with one of the cheerful dim Jim, fire Green posters on this board. A match made in heaven.;)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Underrated disappointment tonight was Virtanen. With his tools and skillset he should have been able to make mince meat of that horrible Leafs defense. Instead he just coasted as usual watching Roussel and Gaudette do all the heavy lifting.

It sucks that even when you surround him with key examples of how he should be playing he still chooses to take a backseat. 

My frustration with Virtanen is starting to boil over. He's had no physical side to his game all season. Wont touch anybody, doesn't take the body or hit guys.. Just does a fly by out there. Goes to the point hoping for a 1 timer in the O zone instead of standing in front of the net... You know were you actually score from. I've had enough. Can't have him being your softest player. He's scared out there because he knows he'll get challenged (if he plays physical, which we all know he can be) and he doesn't fight. He's all talk out there. Once Sutter is healthy, scratch Jake for a few.

2 hours ago, CptCanuck16 said:

While I appreciate your thoughtful reply I strongly disagree. Just in the last post game thread I was applauding Boesers work on the forecheck and his ability to recover pucks along the boards. Last season, and even at the beginning of this season, he was too easily pushed off the puck.  Clearly he's been working on improving that aspect of his game and it shows. Could he be better? Sure, and so could everyone else. If Boeser keeps it up he could develop into a Miller type player in a couple of years. 

Fair points, agree to disagree on some points, but I'm sure we can agree that we hope for the best with him and he turns into a great player!

3 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Thing is Green is made up of blue and yellow and this Green has way to much yellow.

Are suggesting Coach Green is rainbowy ? If so that’s a real gay thing to say about the Coach.

theres nothing wrong with all colors in the rainbow....even the ugly ones.

just watch hockey.