The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sabres fan has had enough

Rate this topic

Related image

I can't blame him, if these were owners of my team I'd give up hope too.  Plus, they own the Bills too, so who do you think is number one in their eyes the Sabres or the Bills?  So on top of incompetence the Sabres aren't even top priority.  The only thing that fixes incompetent ownership is die hard fans making a stand and not showing up to the games to a point were the owner has to sell.  Lots of franchises in N. America you can look at and say they'll never win(like the Browns).  

Edited by Tre Mac
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, DADDYROCK said:

This is very close to home as a Canuck fan, I can relate to this poor dudes frustration.

At times it does make you just want to give up as a fan, and not even give a poop like some of the players, it seems.

As of late the Canucks have given us some hope for the future but a STANLEY CUP would do wonders for the whole province of B.C.

The situation for the Sabres is far worse than the Canucks.  Since 2000, the Sabres have missed the POs 13 times; 8 in the passed 8 seasons and are about to make it 9 seasons.  In the meantime, Canuck have missed the POs 5 times since 2000; 4 in the past 4 seasons and are looking PO bound already.

I feel badly for the Sabres fans.  They have some great players, but still can't seem to find the blend that can take them to the next level.  This could go on for another couple of years!  How freaking brutal can it get?

On 2/2/2020 at 7:28 AM, 73 Percent said:

I think he wasn't getting along with someone and he is taking a break. Theres alot of bandwagoners back now that we're competitive. I don't blame him sometimes.

Just because someone is new to CDC doesn't make them bandwagoners, I haven't missed a game in Canucks game in decades. 

• Like 4

On 2/2/2020 at 10:50 AM, Western Red said:

How Jeff Skinner was paid 9m, I'll never understand. The moron that gave him that much money thru 2026-27 should be fired. 

I thought that was a mis-quote until I looked up his salary. Holy fu*k is that ever an overpayment. I thought 6-7 per year was a little high for him. But to give him 9?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

I thought that was a mis-quote until I looked up his salary. Holy fu*k is that ever an overpayment. I thought 6-7 per year was a little high for him. But to give him 9?

Sabres paid Skinner like he’s a core piece.  Now they’re stuck with a guy who is a borderline support top six winger for 8 years.  They are hooped. 

3 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Related image

I can't blame him, if these were owners of my team I'd give up hope too.  Plus, they own the Bills too, so who do you think is number one in their eyes the Sabres or the Bills?  So on top of incompetence the Sabres aren't even top priority.  The only thing that fixes incompetent ownership is die hard fans making a stand and not showing up to the games to a point were the owner has to sell.  Lots of franchises in N. America you can look at and say they'll never win(like the Browns).  

Is that s father daughter duo?  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Timbermen said:

Just because someone is new to CDC doesn't make them bandwagoners, I haven't missed a game in Canucks game in decades. 

Good for you. Hes been a part of this community for a long time and was an outstanding member. Many of us dont see eye to eye and can agree to disagree. That happens less when there's more members around here. Things can get tense. 

Call them cdc bandwagoners if you want. Rather than canuck bandwagoners.

Edited by 73 Percent

9 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

meh. If you were impressed by this guy thats great. I found him to be whiny. I don't think either of us will change our minds. 

To each their own. Not really as impressed as much as I pity the dude and fan base.

Mainly I look at this and realize how fortunate we are to have things work out the way the have and to have the management and owners we've got..

• Cheers 2

12 hours ago, SergioMomesso said:

I think he was scoring a crazy amount of points when he signed the extension

15 hours ago, Timbermen said:

Me neither. I may live 2000 or 3000 miles away and I watch as much as I can.  Have to vouch that Gamecenter is fantastic and well worth it!

• Cheers 2

I'm feeling a bit reluctant to feel sorry for that fanbase, or for the franchise, because of their deliberate tanking in the McDavid/Eichel draft.

The team won the second prize, and they were happy enough with that, and the fanbase were (probably for the most part) elated, and are now pissed because things aren't working out as expected (similar to Oilers fans).

Yes it's tough, but I'm not crying for them.

regards,  G.

• Upvote 1

Listening to this was like listening to a guy standing on the edge of a bridge who was fired from his job, his car broke down, then sprayed by a massive puddle of water by a passing truck, he was robbed by a gang of kids while walking home, and then his wife told him she was leaving him for his best friend when he walked in the door.

This guy was at an "11", and he needs to dial it down, for his own sanity, to about a -4.

That said, hearing the this guy snap was probably the best thing I've heard. Love it when people take sport FAR too seriously. :lol:

• Cheers 1

22 hours ago, Gollumpus said:

I'm feeling a bit reluctant to feel sorry for that fanbase, or for the franchise, because of their deliberate tanking in the McDavid/Eichel draft.

The team won the second prize, and they were happy enough with that, and the fanbase were (probably for the most part) elated, and are now pissed because things aren't working out as expected (similar to Oilers fans).

Yes it's tough, but I'm not crying for them.

regards,  G.

This. Having our team play the best they can over the last four years only to get stiffed at the lottery has been sour. The Sabres backed into the Eichel lottery win, then won the lotto for a number one dman. I feel no pain for our expansion cousins. I think they are still paying Ehroff as well, lol.