The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Post-Covid Bucket List

Phil_314

Hey guys,

Happy Friday, thought I'd give everyone a mental exercise this day (you can project and be creative!  Of course we won't know any better before we actually get to that day but it's always good to think about these)

Some prompts:

- for starters, what's something that you're thankful for in spite of the major changes that have happened?  Could be anything big or small.

- what's the first thing you look forward to doing once everything is "better" (i.e. not just no more quarantine, but it's safe to go out/ gather/ can do whatever you want again)?

- what's something that you've taken for granted before that you wouldn't after this enforced time at home is complete?

- what's something that you used to value that you realize now is less important?

- what would you change about how you used to live as a person (if any) as a result of this isolation?  (How, or) has your perspective changed?

Feel free to add any similar topics that come to mind and stay safe all.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

It's funny, because it seems a bit petty.....but....

One of my rituals is/was beers after work on Thursdays with a crew of about half a dozen friends. We'd spend a couple hours downing pints and solving the world's problems...really miss that.

So much so in fact, that today I sent out an email asking the guys if they want to do a "virtual" get together next Thursday. Looks like it's going to happen, but it won't be quite the same.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

I am thankful for my own fiscal responsibility, and for my employer acting swiftly to allow us to work from home for the last few weeks. Also knowing my employer is willing to take a bit of a hit to keep us on the payroll I am appreciate.

I like forward to jumping in the swimming pool and I hope to get back into that routine more

I used to value the gym a lot but being forced to work out at home I have learned how to utilize the equipment I already have. I also value eating out a lot less.. cooking at home is growing on me.

I don't think I will change my lifestyle much, hopefully get off social media a bit more and get outside as much as possible.. I am getting sick and tired of being stuck inside.

Take care CDC fam

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

One of my rituals is/was beers after work on Thursdays with a crew of about half a dozen friends. We'd spend a couple hours downing pints and solving the world's problems...really miss that.

So much so in fact, that today I sent out an email asking the guys if they want to do a "virtual" get together next Thursday. Looks like it's going to happen, but it won't be quite the same.

I am doing the same with my coworkers today.. a virtual end of Friday drink to keep up team spirit and morale :metal:

• Cheers 1

Okay I'll make a better post!

- Thankful to God that I have a job (deemed essential) and my friends and family are healthy. For the most part, all have continued working without a financial hit.

- I look forward to getting back into the gym and eating at my favourite restaurants. I also look forward to seeing my grandma who is currently in a care home (no visitation).

- One thing I won't take for granted is the ability to spend time with friends and family no matter the location. I do miss the social gathering aspect. In the midst of this crisis, the only people I see now are my wife, select family members, and a few co-workers on a day to day basis.

48 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

My wife and her friends from back in BC are doing this on saturday night via Zoom. Like you said, not the same but better than nothing.

I miss playing hockey, Hanging out with a few friends over some pints, Travel.

Not much really after that, I love making music and I built myself a home studio as well as a gym to keep in shape, plus I'm a homebody anyways.

The biggest thing for me is that I can't drive for 4 months because I've had a seizure in Jan so getting groceries and such has been a bit of a challenge. 

• Cheers 1

Well given I'm supposed to finish my computer science degree in a month, find a job, maybe travel to another country when all is said and done and work there for a while (after this virus subsides of course). I feel like I've finally come back in life after going through rough times. I'm certainly not going to let this virus bog me down.

Edited by The Lock

I'm thankful that I'm still collecting a paycheck and that I'm currently healthy and feeling well. Also extremely thankful I invested in gym equipment years ago.

When all this is over, I look forward to not having dry, cracked hands from 465 daily washings.  I look forward to stocked shelves at the supermarket. I look forward to never hearing the words "social distancing" ever again.

I took for granted that state governments have more power over its constituents than the federal government.  Didn't seem all that important to me before.  But now that there's a crisis and I've got a moron making decisions for the country, I realize how important it is that rational, intelligent people are making decisions for our individual states down here.

I don't know whats gonna be the first thing I do when everything is safe again, I just know I'll be doing it outside!

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Well you guys really buggered up this one!

• Haha 2