The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Scouts From 7 Different Teams at Fla/Mtl Game (Van one of them)

Pears

Fleischmann with 40% retained salary for Gaunce, Jensen, and a 4th.

Bit of a moneyball trade, but that's what GMMG is all about anyway. Fleischmann would be an upgrade for the top 6, but not the Vanek/Moulson type upgrade that everyone is clamoring for since apparently the salary cap doesn't exist when making proposals.

There is nothing in this world on the ice not named Stamkos, Tavares, Duchene, Crosby, Mackinnon or McDavid that could make me think giving up Gaunce would be a good idea. This kid will be a frigging workhorse and shutdown genius for this team in 3 years.

There is nothing in this world on the ice not named Stamkos, Tavares, Duchene, Crosby, Mackinnon or McDavid that could make me think giving up Gaunce would be a good idea. This kid will be a frigging workhorse and shutdown genius for this team in 3 years.

Can't believe how many people throw in Gaunce into proposals like he's some nobody prospect. And on top of that we're gonna throw in Jensen?

Fleischmann is a decent second line center but no way is he worth that. Especially when Florida is basically just trying to dump contracts right now.

If we're giving up Gaunce and Jensen in a trade it better be for a top second line player.

I was just throwing the proposal out as it isn't the most obvious player to trade for, but he would be an upgrade. Now, having said that, I agree on not trading Gaunce. He's going to be a beauty and he plays the smart style of hockey that will be HUGE come playoff time. Greasy goals are the dish du juor in the playoffs, and Gaunce knows how to score those in spades.

I think his point was that a boost is needed, and I completely agree with him. But why do you want to wait until the trade deadline to get that boost? why not try to get the boost earlier and give the player more time to adjust to the team and system. If it is pacioretty (who is the only player I'd really go after if he's being shopped), MTL plays quite a different system than Vancouver so he'd need lots of time to adjust.

In my earlier post I said there is no way Montreal is the seller in this scenario. It's also further unlikely that Pacioretty would be a player that they would be willing to move. Honestly, the amount of mini-GMs on here that have no idea how a trade affects a team is astonishing. This isn't NHL 14. A trade right now would be unnecessary and harmful.

In my earlier post I said there is no way Montreal is the seller in this scenario. It's also further unlikely that Pacioretty would be a player that they would be willing to move. Honestly, the amount of mini-GMs on here that have no idea how a trade affects a team is astonishing. This isn't NHL 14. A trade right now would be unnecessary and harmful.

Well you don't have resort to personal insults. I find your comment to be very arrogant and ironic. I don't think you know what they'd be willing or not willing to move for the right price and his name has been in question all season long (this has been said by many professional analysts and hockey insiders numerous times).

As for "this isn't NHL 14", I'm not sure you entirely know what this comment means. Just because I said we should go after Pacioretty doesn't mean the trade will happen overnight. Trades like these take weeks if not months of negotiating so I'm saying the sooner they get on that the more time a player will have to adjust to the new team.

How so? Hansen isn't a 1st line winger, the second line doesn't need to be touched nor does the third line especially when Schroeder comes back, 4th line maybe and our defence is beyond amazing so no improvments needed there either. An Edler package for a 1st line RW makes too much sense right now. Again, Chicago was dominating when they brought Versteeg back which made the defending champs even better. We're on a 7 game win streak and gaining ground on the West while beating some very good teams in the process. Why shouldn't Gillis make a trade to improve the Canucks and our playoff chances?

How so? Hansen isn't a 1st line winger, the second line doesn't need to be touched nor does the third line especially when Schroeder comes back, 4th line maybe and our defence is beyond amazing so no improvments needed there either. An Edler package for a 1st line RW makes too much sense right now. Again, Chicago was dominating when they brought Versteeg back which made the defending champs even better. We're on a 7 game win streak and gaining ground on the West while beating some very good teams in the process. Why shouldn't Gillis make a trade to improve the Canucks and our playoff chances?

You mean you think MG should make a trade during a winning streak when the players are playing at their best and he is in a position of strength instead of waiting until a losing streak when everyone is crapping the bed and he is obviously desperate to make a move? What kind of logic is that?!!

Why would we trade when we are doing great? All I'm getting from you is, "We are doing good, let's trade now!"

Our team is doing well why do you want to mix it up? It can only make it worse since we're on a winning streak.

I would kill to have Emelin on our team :)

Too bad Montreal would be idiots to trade him (though they have Tinordi to play that sort of role too).

They could definitely use some scoring help up front... but what would we give? Booth and Jensen? They wouldn't do it.

Why would we trade when we are doing great? All I'm getting from you is, "We are doing good, let's trade now!"

Our team is doing well why do you want to mix it up? It can only make it worse since we're on a winning streak.

Did you miss/skip the Versteeg example? I'm saying that with how good our defence has been without Edler, him coming back in may disrupt some of that chemistry. So when he comes back from injury might be the best time to trade him.

You mean you think MG should make a trade during a winning streak when the players are playing at their best and he is in a position of strength instead of waiting until a losing streak when everyone is crapping the bed and he is obviously desperate to make a move? What kind of logic is that?!!

You guys fail to understand his point. Trading Hansen and Edler could make our team better than it already is. We have been winning without Edler and have Stanton and Tanev, two solid young D looking to step up. Santorelli makes Hansen expendable. Packaging them both up for a reliable and solid top 6 d and 2nd line forward would improve our team that's already winning as of now without getting rid of solid prospects/picks, which is a really good thing. We still haven't proven we can beat all of Cali, which by the way is not good since our division is the toughest in the league. Who did we pick up before the deadline before our cup run? Lapierre and Higgins.....

This would be a solid step for us to once again become contenders.

Doesn't mean anything for us, we are playing well why would we want to trade?

We are playing well but we could be a heck of a lot better

Just cause we are winning doesn't mean we can't be better. Making trades when we are doing well is advantageous to our bargaining power because we don't need to trade but we may want to. As opposed to us having to trade one of our goalies, etc. It also means players are playing well so their value is at their current max.

Well you don't have resort to personal insults. I find your comment to be very arrogant and ironic. I don't think you know what they'd be willing or not willing to move for the right price and his name has been in question all season long (this has been said by many professional analysts and hockey insiders numerous times).

As for "this isn't NHL 14", I'm not sure you entirely know what this comment means. Just because I said we should go after Pacioretty doesn't mean the trade will happen overnight. Trades like these take weeks if not months of negotiating so I'm saying the sooner they get on that the more time a player will have to adjust to the new team.

Actually if you paid any attention at all to the reports regarding Pacioretty you would have seen that Montreal isn NOT shopping him at all. Onl;y that other teams are inquiring about him. Of course other teams are asking about him. Hes a big talented scoring forward locked up on a very affordable contract. All the reasons Montreal is not interested in moving him. Add to that the fact that Montreal's defence has been one of the best in the league this season and their offence has struggled at times and moving Pacioretty makes zero sense at all.

I wish people would take the time to look at the other teams needs before they start suggesting trades that make no sense.

No more FLA players please.

Why not? Seems to me a big part of the success of team comes from FLA alumni.

Luongo - Obviously

Garrison - Is having quite a great season so far

Higgins - Seems to really be a big part of the Kes - Santo Line's success

Santo - doing amazing

Booth - has been making some steady progress and when he is on the top of his game is the type of player this team needs in order to have success against the elite teams of the league.

Not sure what you have against FLA players? If they can help this team win I am all for getting more FLA players.

Obviously, our scouts are always watching our farm team

and so they should be...

a lot of talent has come this way out of Florida.

I'd bet Tallon would be looking to move Upshall now that he's playing very well. May have taken him in the offseason as cap-dump incentive in a larger deal, but not now that he'd probably cost an asset.

Still, Goc, Matthias, Boyes, Petrovic would be welcome at the right price.

Archived