The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

If the Jays have any chance to re-sign Price, both Buehrle and RA need to be let go or retire.

I don't think so. I think if the jays make at least the alcs, they'll have a good shot, if the win the WS, Price may want to stay...cuz it will give him a long, good numbers career that will be a threat for a couple years.

The Blue Jays absolutely demolished the Angels. How badly?

The Jays Pythagorean Win-Loss luck before the series, and before the last game was -8, meaning the team should have had 8 more wins on their record then they actually did, according to run differentials modifying said record.

Now after sweeping them and getting 3 wins, you'd expect that "luck" total to stay even, or more realistically drop down a notch. but they hit so hard that their luck total went to -9.

I know I'm misrepresenting and bastardizing the meaning of these calculations, but we walked out of their winning so hard that the math has it that we earned another hypothetical win to undo something from the past.

Our Luck was -8 before our winning streak, so despite reeling off 11 wins in our row, we have been so dominant since acquiring our trade deadline stars that since then, we should actually have another win on our record. 11 wins in a row was not mathematically enough to represent the Jays dominance. They should have only 2 losses since then rather than 3. Lol,

If the Jays have any chance to re-sign Price, both Buehrle and RA need to be let go or retire.

I think they need to re-sign Estrada as well.

When the deal was made, it looked like a salary dump, but it's looking like a great deal right now. (for both teams)

I think they need to re-sign Estrada as well.

When the deal was made, it looked like a salary dump, but it's looking like a great deal right now. (for both teams)

Estrada should be easy to sign.

I'm of the opinion that we should attempt to bring all of them back, Buehrle and Dickey included. If the vets' salaries drop considerably, which they should, then more is better.

Estrada could easily be a swing man again or so could Hutch. It would be nice to enter spring with 6 starters.

Estrada should be easy to sign.

I'm of the opinion that we should attempt to bring all of them back, Buehrle and Dickey included. If the vets' salaries drop considerably, which they should, then more is better.

Estrada could easily be a swing man again or so could Hutch. It would be nice to enter spring with 6 starters.

I think Estrada has earned the right to be more than a swing man.

With Stroman returning, depending on what happens with Buerhle and Price, Hutch may be out of a spot.

Potentially big series with the Rangers starting today and I like the pitching matchups for the Jays.

I was a big Expos fan, and a Jays fan too - from their first game in the snow. This team reminds me of the late 80s, when they were just starting to show how good they were. I think this team can win now though, where that other team needed to add a couple more pieces. I hope they can win the division. Getting Price was huge. Can the Jays keep him?