The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

19 hours ago, gurn said:

Roussel missed a lot of games after having his knee repaired. This extra time away will be great for him. Low on the list of the Canuck worries, imo.

My preference is to have Jake here over Rousel for the next few seasons while the Canucks look to improve as a competetive team and get back to serious contention.  When crunching the numbers it is apparent someone of value will have to be traded or let walk as a UFA (ie. Tanev, *Markstrom). I would rather see Rousel gone, and use that space to re-sign Jake, all day, every day. Rousel is not as versatile as Jake and Jake's just rounding into form and was figuring out how to use his tools to be effective and contribute on a regular basis which he did in a predominatley 3rd line role and 2nd unit PP. If he had actual top 6 minutes with Bo or Petey from the start of the season, he could be around 45-50 points when the season stopped.

*Hope we can resign him but we will have to be creative and Marky willing to leave some $ on the table, especially if we desire to have Toffoli back too.

Both of the Lou contracts (Bobby's recapture penalty and Swedish albatross) are hurting us for the next 3 years at about 9+million. I don't know how it would be possible but if we could somehow move out Erickson, that would be AMAZING!!!

In summation: Jake > Rousel

3 hours ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Vanessa Jang is another Canucks Army tool. Why is it that people feel the need to gutlessly out other people on social media? It’s truly the height of cowardice. Hopefully her career is ruined. 

• Huggy Bear 2

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Vanessa Jang is another Canucks Army tool. Why is it that people feel the need to gutlessly out other people on social media? It’s truly the height of cowardice. Hopefully her career is ruined. 

Wonder if Ms. Jang took that picture, that I've yet to see, all by herself. Makes me wonder why she was there? Was she being selfish, as well as hypocritical?

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, gurn said:

Wonder if Ms. Jang took that picture, that I've yet to see, all by herself. Makes me wonder why she was there? Was she being selfish, as well as hypocritical?

Not that it matters, but it was a video, not a picture. And it easily could have been forwarded to her by anyone, including staff of the establishment 

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I just sent her a tweet... Not ripping into her because that would be the same as her.  We need to be more understanding in these times.  Less judgement is the way to go.  Hopefully she learns that spewing negativity especially when not necessary will make her a better reporter.  We have enough tabloid hacks in this city already.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

29 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

I just sent her a tweet... Not ripping into her because that would be the same as her.  We need to be more understanding in these times.  Less judgement is the way to go.  Hopefully she learns that spewing negativity especially when not necessary will make her a better reporter.  We have enough tabloid hacks in this city already.

&^@# that. She’s trying to shame him. She deserves the vitriol. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 2

Vanessa Jang is absolute clue less with that tweet. Complains her anxiety is up with the replies  on her tweet. The replies are mostly people telling her she is wrong. Complains about hockey culture yet is she is calling out and public shaming a player for doing something that is not wrong. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

48 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

&^@# that. She’s trying to shame him. She deserves the vitriol. 

Isn’t the first time fans tried to shame Virt. I remember he took a trip with his friends to Vegas or something during his time off a year or two ago and everyone made a huge deal about it.

• Cheers 1

The pandemic is real, however, the way clubs are right now is not the same. It's limited amount of people and you have to stay at your table/area. I don't personally see anything wrong with going out with a couple of friends in a safety precautioned area where numbers are low and not coming in contact with strangers.

Edited by MrCanuck94
  • Like 1