Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Lines at 2nd Canada practice

Dal Colle-Point-Konecny

Debrusk-Bleackley-Virtanen

Sadowy-Chartier-Hawryluk

Beauvilllier-Barzal-Aube-Kubel

Team Canada practises today & tomorrow before facing Russia on Monday; 1st of 4 exhibition games over 4 days v RUS & CZE

Edited by winthecup

Dal Colle-Point-Konecny

Sadowy-Chartier-Hawryluk

Team Canada practises today & tomorrow before facing Russia on Monday; 1st of 4 exhibition games over 4 days v RUS & CZE

That is a tiny first line with Point and Konecny on the same line. Something tells me they'll switch that up.

Mark Masters@markhmasters 3m3 minutes ago

Dal Colle-Point-Konecny

Sadowy-Chartier-Hawryluk

Mark Masters@markhmasters 2h2 hours ago

I think I'd rather have Virtanen over any of the guys there, although I wanted Dal Colle before the draft (but he's been somewhat outshined by cassels - what a pick).

In that mic'd up youtube vid of subban and virtanen, I thought Virtanen came across as kind of annoying. Anyone else? I dunno, maybe it works for him.

Well he always seems to get under the opponents skin so there's that

Edited by Gstank29

In that mic'd up youtube vid of subban and virtanen, I thought Virtanen came across as kind of annoying. Anyone else? I dunno, maybe it works for him.

If you got annoyed by that then you probably think Ovechkin, Doughty and Crosby are annoying as well. So I guess annoying isn't exactly a bad thing.

Trust me this kid is going to be a monster. His lower body is huge and his upper body isn't even close to filling out yet. He's gonna be a 225 pounder with blazing speed.

That sounds great and all, but at 225 his speed will have to take a step back from "blazing". At any rate, seeing as how many of his hits seem to defy physics NOW, I'm just very interested to see how he turns out, however it may be. 225 and surprisingly fast? Awesome. 205-210, losing fat and adding muscle, with the speed he has now? Wicked.

That sounds great and all, but at 225 his speed will have to take a step back from "blazing". At any rate, seeing as how many of his hits seem to defy physics NOW, I'm just very interested to see how he turns out, however it may be. 225 and surprisingly fast? Awesome. 205-210, losing fat and adding muscle, with the speed he has now? Wicked.

Canucks want him at 205: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Jamieson+Virtanen+learning+hard+Canucks+camp/11195615/story.html

The general plan is to increase Virtanen’s strength and reduce his percentage of body fat. He arrived at Utica in May with 215 pounds on his big, 6-foot-1 frame, but the Canucks would like to see him at around 205 at training camp.

Canucks want him at 205: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Jamieson+Virtanen+learning+hard+Canucks+camp/11195615/story.html

The general plan is to increase Virtanen’s strength and reduce his percentage of body fat. He arrived at Utica in May with 215 pounds on his big, 6-foot-1 frame, but the Canucks would like to see him at around 205 at training camp.

Could probably skate faster at that weight, and I'm not even sure if it'd affect his hitting much. Maybe with big dmen

Edited by NaveJoseph

Lower body fat doesn't really mean weight loss. He could easily gain weight and still lower his body fat. I think this would be preferable, as long as he doesn't lose speed.