The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Nylander has the higher ceiling

Virtanen has a much larger frame (though not all that much more height) and has real speed, winning the 30 m sprint both forwards and backwards at the CHL prospects game. He has good hands, shoots well and plays in high traffic areas.

Granted, he is a different kind of player than Nylander and may take longer to develop fully, but it seems to me he has enormous upside potential.

tyhee

Remains to be seen. Nylander has the higher ceiling and if he reaches it, he's got star potential. I'm praying the virtanen pick turns out otherwise it'll be another wasted draft pick.

I was one of those upset we passed on nylander and ehlers. Nylander is currently dominating the SHL right now and is the league's best player according to some people. That's why I hope virtanen pans out. Their fates are going to be tied together for a while especially since toronto drafted nylander. Hope this turns out better than bourdon over kopitar.

Lol. Don't worry about Nylander becoming this great superstar or something. He was drafted by Toronto.

For all this 'no vision' garbage, Virtanen has looked terrific at finding guys so far.

Edited by BanTSN

Remains to be seen. Nylander has the higher ceiling and if he reaches it, he's got star potential. I'm praying the virtanen pick turns out otherwise it'll be another wasted draft pick.

I was one of those upset we passed on nylander and ehlers. Nylander is currently dominating the SHL right now and is the league's best player according to some people. That's why I hope virtanen pans out. Their fates are going to be tied together for a while especially since toronto drafted nylander. Hope this turns out better than bourdon over kopitar.

Dude...seriously?

People need to not do this anymore.

The comparison and what ifs should have stopped the second Luc passed on.

Just bad form to bring it up in any context

• Upvote 1

Can anyone tell me how much ice time JV has gotten in his first 3 games?

I know ExtraSkater used to track junior players too, but the site got shut down after the guy running the site got hired by the Leafs. I think it was the Leafs, anyways.

So I don't know if anyone is tracking that stuff anymore.

Kid hurt his shoulder last game, left game and returned any news on if he has re injured it, I know he scored after he came back - but today how was he?

I don't think he would have come back to play that game and the game the next day if he re-injured himself. I'd like to think that the Hitmen would be very, very careful with one of their best players coming back from a big injury.

FireGillis, on 25 Oct 2014 - 10:59 PM, said:snapback.png

Dude...seriously?

People need to not do this anymore.

The comparison and what ifs should have stopped the second Luc passed on.

Just bad form to bring it up in any context

Yeah wow... poor form. You can't call that a blown draft pick, no one could have predicted that. Also, really disrespectful to Bourdon

• Upvote 2